Death or Dishonor
- Four New Focus Trees: Experience the war from the difficult perspectives of Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia.
- Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units - or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
- New Diplomatic Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations' weapons to the field or sell your advances to the highest bidder.
- New Puppet Interactions: Fascist countries get new subject levels like Reichskommissariat, with access to licenses, industry and strategic resources. The instated governments are held in an iron grip, making it harder for them to break free.
- New Music and Art: 3 new thematic musical tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft, new art content for the four focus nations, and new troop voiceovers.
- Main article: Patch 1.4
- All new air controls and interfaces including new air combat screen
- Air missions and wings now visible and selectable on map with ranges etc
- Radar now more visible with ranges on map that can be toggled
- Added possibility to rename air wings and added historical naming schemes to most nations
- Its now possible to stop being capitulated by getting back to 90% and recovering your capital. Rules show on war participant items when they have the capitulate icon up.
- Grabbing territory occupied by others in peace conferences now much more expensive
- Several changes to map and strategic areas for better play
- New impassable borders and areas (Sahara) making warfare in certain parts of the world much more interesting
- Updated interfaces for War overview. Now with more casualties, strength and industry shown.
- Updated interface for Trade for easier overview and easier checking of convoys
- Added 10 new achievements.
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Death or Dishonor country pack and patch 1.4 (aka Oak).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Reflections and Romania||First look at new DLC content||2017-04-12|
|2||License production and map changes||1.4 Oak and the upcoming expansion will see map improvements and new ways of getting tech||2017-04-19|
|3||Announcement and AI Update #1||Announcement of new content pack coming with the free 1.4 Oak along with details on AI improvements||2017-04-26|
|4||Hungary||Hungary changes coming up||2017-05-03|
|5||Equipment Conversion & War Update||Repurposing old material and improvements to the war overview||2017-05-10|
|6||Air Improvements||Air combat overhaul in 1.4 Oak||2017-05-17|
|7||Yugoslavia and Air Zones||Yugoslavia unique flavor and more details on aerial combat overhaul in 1.4 Oak||2017-05-24|
|8||Czechoslovakia and AI Update #2||Let's have a look at Czechoslovakia and another AI update from Steelvolt||2017-05-31|
|9||Bits & Bobs||New subject levels, achievements, music, assorted QoL features and AI Update #3.||2017-06-07|
|10||1.4 "Oak" Changelog sneak peek||Patch 1.4, aka Oak, changelog.||2017-06-12|
|11||Post-release chat||Bugs, new and old, dealt with in the 1.4.1 beta patch.||2017-06-21|
|12||Meet some new people||Beta patch status, preliminary gaming statistics post DoD and introduction of new team members||2017-06-28|
|13||We're back!||New beta patch with additional fixes, more portraits for free and an interim solution to an old AI transport problem||2017-08-16|