It may be problematic to play with its few resources and a tiny industry, though it (along with any other American country) is almost never threatened in a vanilla Singeplayer game.
(To be made)
Ecuador has no unique events, it merely has generic events the majority of the world also have.
Ecuador, lacking a unique national focus tree, uses the generic national focus tree instead.
The generic focus tree has 5 main branches:
- Army Effort gives army experience and research bonuses to army research.
- Aviation Effort gives air experience, builds air bases, and research bonuses to air research.
- Naval Effort gives navy experience, builds naval dockyards, and research bonuses to navy research.
- Industrial Effort builds civilian and military factories (usually even if building slots are already full)and grants extra research slots.
- Political Effort gives the country choices on which political path they will take.
This section may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version of the game. The last version it was verified as up to date for was 1.4.
|Army Technology||Naval Technology||Air Technology||Electronics & Industry||Doctrines|
Ecuador starts as a socialist democratic country, with elections every 7 years. Ecuador's leader has no special traits.
Ecuador starts with no national spirits and can only gain generic ones from its focus tree.
Like all the other states in South America (and the rest of the Americas), the independence of Ecuador is guaranteed by the United States, thus giving it very postive +75 relations towards the US, as well as slightly postive +10 relations to and from the US and any other democracies. Ecuador also has a -10 relation with other ideologies. It does not start with any alliances, rivals, non-aggression pacts, etc.
- Can declare war on democratic countries without a wargoal
- Can impose its ideology on other countries
- Can send volunteers
- Can puppet a country in a peace conference
- Lowers world tension with guarantees
- Can justify wargoals against countries that have not generated world tension
- Can guarantee countries with other ideologies
- Cannot occupy territory owned by neutral countries (it is given to the owner instead)
- Generate war goal tension limit +100%
- Join faction tension limit +80%
- Lend-lease tension limit +50%
- Send volunteers tension limit +50%
- Guarantee tension limit +25%
- Take states cost: +25%
- Annex cost: +50%
Note that a national focus allows Democratic nations to send volunteers if all conditions are met.
Ecuador starts with generic laws, and has a rather weak industry, with only 1 military factory, 4 civilian factories, and no dockyards. Ecuador also barely has any resources, that being a tiny amount of oil.
The following table may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version of the game. The last version it was verified as up to date for was 1.5.
|Conscription Law||Economy Law||Trade Law|
| Volunteer Only
|| Civilian Economy
|| Export Focus
|1 Military Factories||0 Naval Dockyard|
Besides this, Ecuador also starts with 1 Unlocked Slot in the state of Ecuador.
*These numbers represent the available resources for production at start of the game. The difference between the Surplus number and the Produced number are goods already used in factories. In the bracket are the complete numbers including those lost for trading.
Staff and designers
These are choices of ministers and design companies for Ecuador.
|Designer||Type||Effect||Cost ( )|
|Naval Company||Generic Fleet Designer||
By selecting this Design Company it will permanently affect capabilities on all equipment researched while they are hired.
|Designer||Type||Effect||Cost ( )|
|Industrial Company||Industrial Concern||
|Electronics Company||Electronics Concern||
Ecuador controls 2 states:
|State||Provinces||Terrain (# prov)||Region||Borders clockwise|
|Ecuador||8||Urban||(To be made)|
|Galapagos Islands||1||Hills (1)||Small island||(To be made)|
Two main cities in Ecuador are represented by 6 victory points:
Ecuador's military is laughable, and more of a defense force than anything. Players will need to build up their military if they want to expand, or even survive (in multiplayer games).
|1 Infantry Divisions|
Ecuador's one divison isn't even fully equipped.
Ecuador has no navy or air force, though it does have facilities for ships and planes.