Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki:Contest
The wiki will ran a contest to celebrate the release of "La Résistance" starting on 2020-02-25 at 20:00 CET till 2020-03-05 at 20:00 CET.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win. Fixed prizes are also given out to the top three contributors by number of tickets
The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:
- 1st place can pick at an amount up to $60
- 2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40
- 3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20
Notes: Can be used for any combination of digital goods (regular retail prices) in a single occurrence, does not apply to physical goods, winner's product keys will be delivered by Paradox Wikis moderator SolSys.
Further winners will be selected using a random number generator. The prizes will be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning is proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained. The top three contributors by number of tickets are also entered in the raffle.
A total of 6 prizes will be raffled off:
- 3 copies of the Age of Wonders 3 base game (raffled individually).
- 3 copies of the Shadowrun Dragonfall (raffled individually).
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis moderator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out)
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win
- Only edits after the start of the contest count
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified
- Administrators and Moderators cannot enter the contest
- To prevent a conflict of interest, halfops are discouraged from editing the contest page
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
|1.7 & 1.8||1|
|1.1 & 1.2||6|
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Mechanics||1.3||Add missing mechanics||Mechanics - 2 per correctly added mechanic include version, suitable icon, short description.|
|Ideology||1.4||Update to 1.9, SVersions for Tier 2 headers only||6 for update, 2 for correct placement of SVersions x4||32|
|Faction||1.6||Update to 1.9, Multirow extensive country lists||3 for update, 2 for new format x2||10|
|National focus||1.6||Update to 1.9, add in full descriptions of new national focuses||3 for update, 4 per focus x2||46|
|Ideas||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Government||1.4||Update to 1.9||2 for update x4||8|
|Puppet||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Diplomacy||1.4||Update to 1.9||5 for update x4||20|
|World tension||1.5||Update to 1.9||4 for update x3||12|
|Civil War||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Trade||1.8||Update to 1.9, convert formulas to math mode||2 for update, 1 for converting formulas x2||6|
|Production||1.5||Update to 1.9||3 for update x3||9|
|Construction||1.5||Update to 1.9||4 for update x3||12|
|Equipment||1.8||Update to 1.9||3 for update x2||6|
|Research||1.5||Update to 1.9||4 for update x3||12|
|Infantry technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||5 for update x3||15|
|Support Companies technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||5 for update x3||15|
|Armor technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||5 for update x3||15|
|Artillery technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||5 for update x3||15|
|Land doctrine||1.7||Update to 1.9||3 for update x2||6|
|Naval technology||1.8||Update to 1.9||3 for update x2||6|
|Naval doctrine||1.7||Update to 1.9||4 for update x2||8|
|Air technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||6 for update x3||18|
|Engineering technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||6 for update x3||18|
|Industry technology||1.5||Update to 1.9||6 for update x3||18|
|Warfare||1.8||Update to 1.9, add in information on surrenders||2 for update, 2 for surrenders x2||4|
|Land units||1.5||Update to 1.9||8 for update x3||24|
|Land warfare||1.7||Update to 1.9||3 for update x2||6|
|Division designer||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Army planner||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Command group||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Commander||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Battle plan||1.8||Update to 1.9, add in gallery of screenshots||2 for update, 4 for gallery x2||12|
|Combat tactics||1.4||Update to 1.9,||9 for update x4||36|
|Ship||1.5||Update to 1.9||6 for update x3||18|
|Naval warfare||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Aircraft||1.8||Update to 1.9||3 for update x2||6|
|Air warfare||1.7||Update to 1.8||6 for update x2||12|
|Experience||1.5||Update to 1.9||6 for update x3||18|
|Attrition and accidents||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Logistics||1.3||Update to 1.9, remove excessive SVersions||9 for update, 1 for excessive SVersions x5||45|
|Manpower||1.8||Update to 1.9||2 for update x2||4|
|Map||1.5||Update to 1.9||4 for update x3||12|
|Province||1.5||Update to 1.9||8 for update x3||24|
|Terrain||1.5||Update to 1.9||8 for update x3||24|
|Weather||1.4||Update to 1.9||7 for update x4||28|
|State||1.3||Update to 1.9||8 for update x5||40|
|Events||Build list of events and decisions||10||20|
These tasks earn more tickets than would normally be the case.
- Build a mechanics page Navbox with the six sections as rows and add to every mechanics page 30
- Update the User interface page (along with new screen shots and better layout) 10
- Update Beginner's guide and rewrite where needed. Merge content from interface section to User interface page 10
Update all country specific national focus pages. Distributed tickets will be granted based on:
- Table layout - Conform all table branches to be the same as in the French national focus tree. This includes adding any missing columns/information [creating new branch images is not required]. 10 each.
- Version update - Update articles to 1.9. Tickets: based on multiplier version from above.
Update all event pages. Distributed tickets will be granted based on:
Country layout style
Apply the country style layout/form to all individual country pages. 5 each (on top of version updates).
- Country style guidelines
- Develop a new layout (on your user sandbox) for country pages that presents existing information in a cleaner and less disjointed manner. A layout selected by the moderating team is worth 50 tickets. The starred (*) items in the list below are in need of a unified and clean layout. The new layout will contain information on
- Historic background (2000 character maximum)
- Major events *
- National focus *
- Technology *
- Politics *
- Economy *
- Staff and designers *
- 1936 military *
- Strategy guide
- National focuses from La Resistance
- Detail Espionage 40
- Detail Support Resistance 40
- Detail Collaboration Governments 40
- Detail Code Cracking 40
- Detail Recon units 40
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as rewrites. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing an expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Modifiers||Add in missing modifiers||5|
|Scopes||Add in missing scopes||5|
|Occupation||Add in information on the rebellion mechanics, what sabotage does.||10|
Old page updates
There are some notably outdated pages and files on the wiki. Updating them is worth the following.
|File:Local supply map.png||6||List of military chiefs||12|
|List of military high command||12||List of theorists||12|
|British Raj||10||Canadian national focus tree||10|
|Crusader Kings 2||10||Division||10|
|Generic national focus tree||10||Greece||10|
|Kingdom of Romania||10||Latvia||10|
|Polish national focus tree||10||Political Parties and Leaders||10|
|South African national focus tree||10||Xibei San Ma||10|
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).