Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki:Contest
The is the HOI4 component of the multi-wiki contest run from here.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win. Fixed prizes are also given out to the top three contributors by number of tickets.
The three users with the most tickets will each get a discount voucher for the Paradox Web Store. This can be used for any combination of digital goods (limited to at most one copy of each individual product) in a single transaction, but cannot be applied to physical goods:
- 1st place gets a 90% off voucher - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets)
- 2nd place gets a 75% off voucher - Won by Voy (444 tickets)
- 3rd place gets a 50% off voucher - Won by AkatsukiEmpire (157 tickets)
Further winners will be selected using a random number generator. The prizes will be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning is proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained. The top three contributors by number of tickets are also entered in the raffle.
A total of 24 prizes will be raffled off:
- 6 copies of the Crusader Kings II base game (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), Voy (444), AkatsukiEmpire (157), Gamengervi (40), Pyroclastic (32), LeSineAffame (8)
- 6 copies of the Hearts of Iron 3 Collection (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), Mafyozya (69), Pinpinolo (45), Whizzer (32), Austrianemporer (11), Jpapple (2)
- 6 copies of the Victoria 2 Complete (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), AkatsukiEmpire (157), IoannesBarbarus (121), Witcher538 (114), Yezhanquan (58), Josh Jupiter (40)
- 6 copies of the Age of Wonders 3 (raffled individually) - Won by Voy (444 tickets), AkatsukiEmpire (157), Arablue99 (104), Xyloz (80), Gigau (59), Flomotlomotflo (1)
It is not possible to win more than one copy of each game, but it is possible to win one of each.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis moderator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out)
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win
- Only edits after the start of the contest count
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified
- Administrators and Moderators cannot enter the contest
- To prevent a conflict of interest, halfops are discouraged from editing the contest page
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Mechanics||1.0||Add missing mechanics such as (Variant, Land doctrine, Land units)||Mechanics - 2 per correctly added mechanic include version, suitable icon, short description. quadrupled|
|Faction||1.3||Update to 1.4, Change page layout to a more readable format (table)||1 for update, 4 for new format||10|
|Ideas||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Government||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update, 5 for rewrite to match style guide||14|
|Puppet||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Research||1.3||Update to 1.4, improve the presentation of information in different sections||2 for update, 4 for presentation||12|
|Diplomacy||1.3||Update to 1.4||1 for update||2|
|Trade||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Production||1.3||Update to 1.4 (including image if needed)||2 for update, 2 for updated image||8|
|Construction||1.2||Update to 1.4, remove red links||4 for update, 1 for links, doubled to||10|
|Equipment||1.3||Update to 1.4, add in Lend-lease changes||2 for update, 3 for Lend-lease||10|
|World tension||1.3||Update to 1.4, Expand with list national focuses that affect or require world tension||2 for update, 4 for list of national focuses||12|
|Land warfare||1.3||Update to 1.4||5 for update||10|
|Division designer||1.3||Update to 1.4, Add in SVersions in relevant locations||4 for page, 1 for SVersions||10|
|Army planner||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Command group||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||2|
|Battle plan||1.3||Update to 1.4, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, Add images where possible, cleanup||8 for update, 1 for SVersions, 4 images, 3 for cleanup||32|
|Naval warfare||1.1||Update to 1.4, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, complete expansion request, complete rewrite request||8 for update, 1 for SVersions, 3 for expansion, 5 for rewrite, tripled||48|
|Air warfare||1.0||Update to 1.4, update images, cleanup, verify content||6 for update, 2 for images, 2 for cleanup, 1 for verification quadrupled||44|
|Experience||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Logistics||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Map||1.3||Update to 1.4, update image where needed, improve page layout||4 for update, 2 for images, 4 for improved layout||20|
|Province||1.3||Update to 1.4, improve presentation||3 for update, 3 for presentation||12|
|Terrain||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Weather||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|State||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Occupation||1.1||Update to 1.4, expand with information on the rebellion mechanics||5 for update, 3 for expansion quadrupled||32|
|Manpower||1.3||Update to 1.4||3 for update||6|
|National Spirit||1.3||Update to 1.4, improve presentation||3 for update, 3 for presentation||6|
|Attrition and accidents||1.3||Update to 1.4||2 for update||4|
|Civil war||1.4||Cleanup||2 for cleanup||4|
|Naval units||1.3||Update to 1.4, Expand on statistic terms/meaning||2 for update, 6 for statistic||16|
|Warfare||1.3||Update to 1.4, Expand with information on surrender, unique rules on war goals||2 for update, 4 for surrender, 4 for unique rules||20|
|Variant||1.0||Update to 1.4, add in missing SVersions||8 for update, 1 for sversions, quadrupled||36|
|Land units||1.1||Update to 1.4||7 for update quadrupled||28|
These tasks earn more tickets than would normally be the case.
- Build a navbox for the bottom of important pages and deploy to the pages it links to 10
- Build a navbox for the bottom of modding pages and deploy to the pages it links to 6
- Update the User interface page (along with new screen shots and better layout) 50
- Update Beginner's guide and rewrite where needed. Merge content from interface section to User interface page 40
Update all country specific national focus pages. Distributed tickets will be granted based on:
- Table layout - Conform all table branches to be the same as in the French national focus tree. This includes adding any missing columns/information [creating new branch images is not required]. 10 each.
- Version update - Update articles to 1.4. Tickets: based on multiplier version from above.
- New trees - Add any missing NF trees (Hungary / Romania). 50 each.
Update all event pages. Distributed tickets will be granted based on:
- Missing events - Add any missing events (Romania 2 / Yugoslavia 2).
- New events pages - Add any missing pages (Hungary 1 / Hungary 2). 30 each.
Update the following pages from the technology category with any missing/old information: 5 each (older pages worth more)
Country layout style
Apply the country style layout/form to all individual country pages. 5 each (on top of version updates).
- Country style guidelines
- Develop a new layout (on your user sandbox) for country pages that presents existing information in a cleaner and less disjointed manner. A layout selected by the moderating team is worth 50 tickets. The starred (*) items in the list below are in need of a unified and clean layout. The new layout will contain information on
- Historic background (2000 character maximum)
- Major events *
- National focus *
- Technology *
- Politics *
- Economy *
- Staff and designers *
- 1936 military *
- Strategy guide
- Describe the Land Battle log feature 6
- Describe configurable garrison 4
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as rewrites. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing an expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Commands||Add in missing commands||5|
|Country creation||Explain how to enact content as a mod instead of changing regular game files.||5|
|Industry technology||A section about concentrated vs dispersed industry.||5|
|Modifiers||Add in missing modifiers||5|
|Scopes||Add in missing scopes||5|
Old page updates
There are some notably outdated pages and files on the wiki. Updating them is worth the following.
|American national focus tree||12||China||12|
|Countries||20||German national focus tree||12|
|German Reich||12||Italian national focus tree||12|
|People's Republic of China||12||Poland||12|
|Republican Spain||12||South Africa||12|
|Soviet national focus tree||12||British national focus tree||11|
|United Kingdom||11||File:Local supply map.png||4|
|Argentina||10||Dominion of Canada||10|
|List of design companies||10||List of military chiefs||10|
|List of military high command||10||List of political advisors||10|
|List of theorists||10|
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).
- Tickets/tasks up to the end of the contest