Man the Guns
From Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki
- Greater depth to the naval side of the war, including:
- The ability to design your warships in more detail.
- Add armor or heavier guns through a modular design.
- Refit older ships so that they are more in line with the latest technology.
- Mine Warfare.
- Different types of naval terrain, that can modify naval combat in different regions.
- Added traits to admirals.
- Critical hits on ships mean that they are very damaged in certain places and gain specific combat penalties until fully repaired.
- Player can now request Port access to move your ships in foreign ports.
- Water territiorries can be marked as dangerous to reroute shipping.
- Changes to industrial parts of Navies.
- Repairing ships now require dockyards.
- Building bigger ships will be done with less dockyards
- New options for the democratic nations, including:
- New paths for the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands and Mexico.
- Explore alternate histories or fully mobilise the arsenal of democracy.
- Host exiled governments
- to be added.
- Fuel - a new resource that mechanical units consume.
- Many new tags added and with them also changes to the map - more States in places like west Africa, and more accurate States like East Bengal/Bangladesh
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Man the Guns expansion and patch 1.6 (aka Ironclad).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Man the Guns and PdxCon||General goals for the future expansion and patch||2018-05-23|
|2||Fuel||Information on fuel and new hotfix.||2018-06-27|
|3||God Save The King: British Focus Tree Rework||Reworked British focus tree, allowing for alternate-history paths.||2018-07-04|
|4||A Post-Colonial World:Map Changes and New Tags||Sweeping changes to the map along with the addition of more releasable tags.||2018-07-11|
|5||Custom Gameplay Rules||New Custom Gameplay Rules allowing the player to steer the game in the direction they want.||2018-08-01|
|6||MTG - Bag of Tricks||Smaller improvements to the game such as assuming leadership of a faction, manual focus cancellation, and naval and air exercises.||2018-08-08|
|7||Naval Access||Improvements to the naval theater of HOI4 including marking dangerous seazones and asking for naval access to ports.||2018-08-15|
|8||Mines and Minesweeping||Naval Mines added to the game along with minesweeping.||2018-08-22|
|9||USA focus tree rework||Reworked USA focus tree, allowing for alternate-history paths.||2018-08-29|
|10||Modding and Traits||Added trait system for admirals as well as more features for modders.||2018-09-05|
|11||Naval Production, Repair and Damage||Extensive changes to the naval theater with reworks of ship production, repair and damage.||2018-09-12|
|12||Exiled Government||Extend possibilities for exiled governments and more information about the British focus tree overhaul.||2018-09-19|
|13||Je Maintiendrai||Announcement of and information about the new Dutch focus tree.||2018-09-26|
|14||Amphibious Vehicles and Research||New Amphibious Tractors and Amphibious Tank.||2018-10-03|
|15||Naval Terrain||Overview of new terrain types for seas.||2018-10-10|
|16||Naval changes #1||Overview of the different changes to naval warfare.||2018-10-17|
|17||Mexico focus tree||Announcement of and information about the new Mexican focus tree.||2018-10-24|
|18||Bag of Tricks 2||Expeditionary Force Requests, Supervised States & On-map decisions.||2018-10-31|
|19||Ship Designer||Overview on modifications on the ship designer system.||2018-11-07|
|20||Naval Treaties and Ship Refits||Naval treaties effects on ship designing and refitting of obsolete ships||2018-11-14|
|21||Naval Rework #1||New mission types and changes to the naval interface||2018-11-21|
|22||Bag of Tricks #3||Dutch & British focus changes, ideology drift tweaks, map changes in Africa and the Balkans region.||2018-11-28|
|23||New Naval Combat||Rework of naval combat to be more informative and less decisive||2018-12-06|
|24||Subs and Convoy Raiding||Improvements to submarine convoy raiding||2018-12-12|
|25||Fuel Review and Motorized Artillery||Changes to the fuel implementation and the addition of motorized artillery units||2019-01-09|
|26||Tech Changes||Changes to the tech research system and the addition of new naval techs.||2019-01-16|
- Forum, Hearts of Iron IV announces new expansion Man the Guns, 2018-05-19