Man the Guns
From Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki
- Major Alternate Paths: Revive the Old Confederacy as the United States and provoke a new civil war, or hasten decolonization of the British Empire.
- Ship Design: Research new components and refit older vessels to take advantage of new knowledge. Outfit your submarines with snorkels or improved stealth.
- Admiral Traits and Skills: Tailor and level up your Admirals with new traits and skills.
- Governments in Exile: Welcome a government in exile to your democracy, boosting their legitimacy in return for more manpower and elite troops fighting to free their homeland.
- Other National Focuses: New national focuses for The Netherlands and Mexico.
- Naval Mines: Protect your coasts from invasion or assault with anti-ship mines, or sweep a clear path through enemy mines before the fleet makes the big push.
- Shipping route controls: plot new routes for your shipping and navies by toggling individual sea regions to limit or ban shipping there entirely.
- Naval Treaties: Struggle to keep the peace by following internationally agreed upon rules, or creatively defy the world consensus by exceeding your limits.
- Amphibious Landing Vehicles: Add power to your beach landing by researching and producing specialized combat vehicles for your marines.
- New Music: Original music composed specifically for the Man the Guns expansion.
- Fuel - a new resource that mechanical units consume.
- Different types of naval terrain, that can modify naval combat in different regions.
- A completely redone naval combat system
- Gameplay rules - a large amount of options to further customize gameplay experience and make organizing multiplayer sessions easier.
- Updated map-modes - new map-modes and a new configurable quick access system (a lot like in EU4).
- 70 new releasable tags added to the game to enable decolonization as well as a variety of map changes - more states in places like west Africa, and more accurate states like East Bengal/Bangladesh, and more.
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Man the Guns expansion and patch 1.6 (aka Ironclad).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Man the Guns and PdxCon||General goals for the future expansion and patch||2018-05-23|
|2||Fuel||Information on fuel and new hotfix.||2018-06-27|
|3||God Save The King: British Focus Tree Rework||Reworked British focus tree, allowing for alternate-history paths.||2018-07-04|
|4||A Post-Colonial World:Map Changes and New Tags||Sweeping changes to the map along with the addition of more releasable tags.||2018-07-11|
|5||Custom Gameplay Rules||New Custom Gameplay Rules allowing the player to steer the game in the direction they want.||2018-08-01|
|6||MTG - Bag of Tricks||Smaller improvements to the game such as assuming leadership of a faction, manual focus cancellation, and naval and air exercises.||2018-08-08|
|7||Naval Access||Improvements to the naval theater of HOI4 including marking dangerous seazones and asking for naval access to ports.||2018-08-15|
|8||Mines and Minesweeping||Naval Mines added to the game along with minesweeping.||2018-08-22|
|9||USA focus tree rework||Reworked USA focus tree, allowing for alternate-history paths.||2018-08-29|
|10||Modding and Traits||Added trait system for admirals as well as more features for modders.||2018-09-05|
|11||Naval Production, Repair and Damage||Extensive changes to the naval theater with reworks of ship production, repair and damage.||2018-09-12|
|12||Exiled Government||Extend possibilities for exiled governments and more information about the British focus tree overhaul.||2018-09-19|
|13||Je Maintiendrai||Announcement of and information about the new Dutch focus tree.||2018-09-26|
|14||Amphibious Vehicles and Research||New Amphibious Tractors and Amphibious Tank.||2018-10-03|
|15||Naval Terrain||Overview of new terrain types for seas.||2018-10-10|
|16||Naval changes #1||Overview of the different changes to naval warfare.||2018-10-17|
|17||Mexico focus tree||Announcement of and information about the new Mexican focus tree.||2018-10-24|
|18||Bag of Tricks 2||Expeditionary Force Requests, Supervised States & On-map decisions.||2018-10-31|
|19||Ship Designer||Overview on modifications on the ship designer system.||2018-11-07|
|20||Naval Treaties and Ship Refits||Naval treaties effects on ship designing and refitting of obsolete ships||2018-11-14|
|21||Naval Rework #1||New mission types and changes to the naval interface||2018-11-21|
|22||Bag of Tricks #3||Dutch & British focus changes, ideology drift tweaks, map changes in Africa and the Balkans region.||2018-11-28|
|23||New Naval Combat||Rework of naval combat to be more informative and less decisive||2018-12-06|
|24||Subs and Convoy Raiding||Improvements to submarine convoy raiding||2018-12-12|
|25||Fuel Review and Motorized Artillery||Changes to the fuel implementation and the addition of motorized artillery units||2019-01-09|
|26||Tech Changes||Changes to the tech research system and the addition of new naval techs.||2019-01-16|
|27||Art and Music||New music, 3D models and 2D art to ramp up MTG's awesomeness.||2019-01-23|
|28||The Imperial Japanese Navy||An AAR of Archangel85's experience with the Imperial Japanese Navy in a MP session.||2019-01-30|
|29||Achievements||New goals to strive for, with the addition of 21 new achievements related to MTG.||2019-02-06|
|30||AI Plans||More AI strategy plans, and the integration of AI strategy into the Custom Game Rules menu.||2019-02-13|
|31||Man the Guns MEGA RECAP||Recap of everything that has been announced.||2019-02-20|
|32||HOI4 Dev Diary - 1.6 Patchlog||Full 1.6 "Ironclad" patch log and Reddit AMA highlights.||2019-02-27|
|33||Update #1 - 1.6.1 Patch and 1.6.2 beta||Full 1.6.1 "Ironclad" patch notes, info about the 1.6.2 beta and player statistics.||2019-03-13|
- Forum, Hearts of Iron IV announces new expansion Man the Guns, 2018-05-19
- Forum, Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns is now available!, 2019-02-28