Mexico is a medium sized country in North America. It is bordered by the United States, a major power in the Second World War, to the north, Guatemala and the United Kingdom's British Honduras to the south. It is mostly mountainous with jungle on the south, desert on the center and Baja California and forests and plains on the coast.
After the sinking of Mexican merchant ships by German U-Boats and the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbour, Mexico was one of the first American nations to announce its support for the USA. It severed ties with the three major powers of the Tripartite Pact and officially joined the war on the side of the Allies in 1942, providing essential resources and men to the USA, most notably the 201st Squadron, or the "Aztec Eagles".
- Main article: Mexican events
- Main article: Mexican national focus tree
The Mexican national focus tree can be divided into 2 Branches and 4 Sub-branches:
- National Bank Branch
- This branch focuses on infrastructure, removing the threat of the Caudillo civil war or changing the political party to Communism.
- Military Budget Review Sub-branch
- This Sub-branch focuses on military technology.
- Oil Field Expansion Sub-branch
- This Sub-branch deals with foreign relations with major countries and joining their faction.
- Plan of Agua Prieta Branch
- This branch focuses on switching the political party to either Democracy, Fascism or Communism. The Fascist or Communist focuses increase or decrease Church Power respectively.
- Control the Army Sub-branch
- This sub-branch deals with increasing or decreasing the power of the Church.
- March Southwards Sub-branch
- This sub-branch gives war goals against other countries within the Americas.
Mexico starts with 2 research slots.
In 1936, Mexico is a Non-Aligned nation. Its elections are every 6 years with the next one being in June 1940.
Mexico has the following political parties:
Mexico is guaranteed by the United States.
Staff and designer
|Vicente Lombardo||Ambitious Union Boss||
|Jose Vasconelos||Syncretic Revanchist||
|Bartolome Garcia Correa||Social Reformer||
|Aaron Saenz Garza||Shadow of Calles||
|Edwardo Hay||Smooth-Talking Charmer||
|Luis Montes de Oca||Financial Expert||
|Manuel Avila Camacho||War Industrialist||
|Alberto J. Pani||Captain of Industry||
|Pablo Gonzalez Garza||Prince of Terror||
|Talleres Generales de Arma||Tank Designer||
|German-Mexican Tank Designs||Heavy Tank Designer||
|Russo-Mexican Tank Designs||Mobile Tank Designer||
|Mexican Chrysler||Medium Tank Designer||
|ASTIMAR Golfo||Atlantic Fleet Designer||
|ASTIMAR Pacifico||Pacific Fleet Designer||
|Talleres Nacionales de Construcciones||Light aircraft||
|Mexican Ford||Motorized Equipment designer||
|Fabrica Nacional de Armas||Infantry Equipment designer||
|Royal Dutch Shell||Refining Concern||
|Banco de Mexico||Industrial Concern||
|Escuela de Ingenria||Electronics Concern||
|Enrique Estrada||Military Theorist||
|Agustin Olachea||Air Warfare Theorist||
|Manuel Perez Trevino||Superior Firepower Expert||
|Conscription Law||Economy Law||Trade Law|
| Volunteer Only
|| Civilian Economy
|| Export Focus
Industry and resources
- Mexico has a small industry mainly centered around Mexico City which has 2 Military factories and 4 Civilian factories. Guerrero, Tamulipas, Jalisco have one Civilian factory each. Coahuila has 1 Military factory and 1 Civilian Factory. Veracruz and Durango have 1 Dockyard each.
- Coahuila has 11 Oil, Tamaulipas has 12 Oil, Veracruz has 13 Oil, Oaxaca has 10 Oil, Jalisco has 10 Tungsten, Mexico City has 9 Steel and Guerrero has 5 Steel.
Mexico has a modest military with a small navy and tiny air force.
|Close air support||12|
- Mexico's infantry divisions contain 9 infantry battalions each with support artillery. It also contains some agrarian militia units of 3 infantry battalions each. Its cavalry divisions contain 6 cavalry battalions with support artillery.
- Mexico's starting navy consists of a coastal defense heavy cruiser with no anti-air defenses and five early destroyers, one of which has no anti-air defenses and can be retrofitted.
- Air force
- Mexico's starting air force consists of 12 close air support planes, 6 tactical bombers and 6 fighters.
Strategies and guides
Mexico starts in a brink of a civil war. There are 3 possible civil wars that can break out, and you will need to deal with 2.
Caudillos Civil War: This is the starting tension you have to deal with. You have to pay attention to the Caudillo Tension national spirit which indicates the level. You can see the timer in the Political tab to see when the tension increases. Once Caudillo Tension High is reached if you let the timer finish once more the Caudillo civil war will ignite. There are multiple focuses you can get to lower the tension by one stage. To put a stop to this permanently you need to complete Support General Cedillo or Arrest General Cedillo focus. If you don't go Revanchist route and pick both Agricultural Credit Bank and Jefe Máximo line of focus, the Caudillo Civil War will be unavoidable. Letting it happen and defeating the rebels will also prevent it from happening again.
Cristeros Civil War and Communist Revolutionaries Civil War: Once you have completed a certain focus, you will get a chance to get either. These civil wars have multiple trigger to ignite, mainly the Church power level and the type of government. The Cristeros will not rebel if you choose to go Democratic path and likewise the Revolutionaries will not rebel if you go Communist. If you don't go Democratic, the Cristeros Civil War will start a countdown once you reach Atheist State, and likewise if you don't go Communist then the Revolutionaries Civil War will start a countdown once you reach Catholic State. Since some focuses will increase or decrease the Church Power by one stage, you need to pay attention to this, and you can also use some political decision to increase or decrease the Church Power though some requires some focuses to be taken first. You can ultimately prevent this civil war regardless of Church Power by keeping your stability above 60%. Likewise you can get away with Atheist State if you go Democratic and Catholic State if you go Communist with no risk of civil war which is not possible to do for Unaligned or Fascist path.