- For information on the structure and making of mods, see modding
A Mod, short for modification, is an alteration of the game files to change the game's functionality. It also makes it more fun. You can add cheats like EasyBuff or Go back to WW1 in The Great War Redux.
Good practice[edit | edit source]
Make sure that your mod contains a good description of what it does, as well as having a good front page image.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Mods can be installed manually from sources such as the Paradox Forums, installed automatically from Paradox Mods by the launcher or via the Steam Workshop.
The folder that stores mods for the game is:
...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod\
~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod/
~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod/
Manually downloaded mods should include a .mod text file along with a folder. If so, the files can simply be dropped into the mod folder. If one is downloading a newer version of a mod they already have installed, one should remove the older files first.
Mod lists[edit | edit source]
Mods with Wiki pages[edit | edit source]
- Wiki pages for modifications are the responsibility of the modification team, not the Paradox wiki team
- Cold War: The Iron Curtain
- Equestria At War
- HOI4 ULTRA (Historical Industry Project)
- Non Plus Ultra
- RPM for HOI4 - Realistic Progression Mod
- Ultima Ratio Patriarum
- Vanilla+ (now defunct and no longer on the Steam Workshop)
- Victoria 2 to Hearts of Iron IV converter
- Winter Wars: A Scandinavian Expansion
- Operation Overhaul
- The Road to 56