National focus trees serve as a replacement for the mixture of decisions and triggered events which directed countries in previous iterations of Hearts of Iron.
The focus trees allow the players (and the AI) to direct the development of their nation. Each country has a focus tree, representing a number of progression paths (branches) available to that nation. These paths may be based on actual historical situations or on alternative historical possibilities. The individual options can range from political, diplomatic and warfare-related focuses to more economic and research-related focuses.
Due to the semi-random nature of the AI it ensures that no two games will play out in precisely the same way. Players wishing to have a more historical-based campaign can choose to do so by ticking the Historical AI Focuses option on the country selection screen (map) just before the start of a new game. It is important to note, however, that player nations are not bound by this and as such their in-game actions can still force the AI to pick somewhat less than historical choices.
The seven great powers (and Poland) have a unique national focus tree in the base game. Additional countries - as detailed below - received a unique focus tree as part of different DLCs. All other nations use the generic national focus tree.
- 1 Mechanic overview
- 2 National focus trees
- 2.1 Base game trees
- 2.2 Together for Victory trees
- 2.3 Death or Dishonor trees
- 2.4 Waking the Tiger trees
- 2.5 Man the Guns trees
- 2.6 La Résistance trees
- 2.7 Battle for the Bosporus trees
|National focus trees (click on a country name to get to its section)|
|This is a community maintained wiki. If you spot a mistake then you are welcome to fix it.|
Branches in a focus tree revolve around a common theme or goal with the individual focuses within intended to help in achieving that goal. Although branches are mostly isolated from each other, they will be connected (locally) if they happen to coincide over a common point.
Only a single focus can be taken at a time. A focus requires 70 Political power to complete at a progress rate of –1 Political power per day - this means a focus would usually be completed within 70 days. When completed, the player may go up to 10 days without picking a new focus and still have those days (and their accumulated Political power) count towards the new focus.
Aside from the branches' top level focuses, most other focuses have additional requirements in need of fulfillment before they can be picked. If a requirement of an on-going focus has become invalidated, the focus will either be paused until the requirement is restored (if possible) or outright be cancelled when such a thing is not easily possible. For cases such as the latter, focuses will have bypass conditions to allow the player to proceed past them - the player will be notified of the bypass within a few days (they will display a golden bracket as if completed regularly). For example, Motorization Effort can be bypassed if the Motorized Infantry technology has already been researched beforehand.
Once a focus has started, the player can't manually stop or replace it, unless the player has the Man the Guns expansion. If, due to circumstances, the focus has been invalidated, the resources already spent are lost. As such, it is immensely recommended to check all requirements and conditions regarding a focus to assess if/how they may be affected within its completion time-frame.
Accessing a focus' expanded details can be achieved by clicking or hovering over the focus. Among the information presented there are: the flavor description, its requirements, bypass conditions (if applicable) and the expected completion effects.
- Bracket color - Players can check at a glance a focus' completion status by the background color of its name bracket. Grey bracket means available for picking, brown bracket indicates as of yet unavailability and golden bracket denotes completed focuses. On-going focuses will feature a shining overlay effect over them.
- Connection lines - Focuses are connected by colored lines. The color indicates whether its preceding focus is completed (green) or not (light-blue). The connection may also appear as a solid or dotted line, with the former indicating a logical AND and the latter a logical OR. For example, to pick Special Forces would require all 3 of the focuses preceding it while picking Technology Sharing requires only one of the 2 preceding it.
- Mutually exclusive - Some focuses may have the mutually exclusive icon appearing in-between them. The icon denotes that only one of two may be selected. Further more, depending on the focuses outgoing connections it may also exclude from picking any of the focuses connected to them further down the line. For example, choosing between Collectivist Ethos or Liberty Ethos will make any of the other side's subsequent connected focuses unavailable for picking up until Technology Sharing (linked to both sides by an OR connection).
- Main article: Continuous focus
A continuous focus is a special type of focus that is unlocked once 10 regular focuses have been completed. There are a total of 9 continuous focuses available.
Having an active continuous focus comes at the expense of pursuing a regular focus as only one focus can be picked at a time regardless of its type.
As opposed to a regular focus which provides one-time effects, the effects of a continuous focus benefit the nation whilst the chosen focus remains active. An active focus requires a maintenance cost of –1 Political power per day. The focus can,however, be deactivated or switched with another at any time for no additional cost.
National focus trees
Base game trees
- Main article: Generic national focus tree
All nations lacking a unique national focus tree use the generic national focus tree instead.
The generic focus tree has 5 main branches:
- Army Effort gives army experience and research bonuses to army research.
- Aviation Effort gives air experience, builds air bases, and research bonuses to air research.
- Naval Effort gives navy experience, builds naval dockyards, and research bonuses to navy research.
- Industrial Effort builds civilian and military factories (usually even if building slots are already full)and grants extra research slots.
- Political Effort gives the country choices on which political path they will take.
Note: The generic focus tree also acts as the default tree for nations which received a unique focus tree in a DLC if said DLC is not enabled.
- Main article: French national focus tree
France, as one of the seven major powers, got a unique national focus tree.
The French national focus tree can be divided into 5 branches and 7 sub-branches:
- Devalue the Franc Branch
- This branch offers the possibility to develop Metropolitan France and the overseas colonies, as well as add two more research slots.
- Begin Rearmament Branch
- This branch focuses either on defensive or offensive expansion of the military. The defensive focuses give army and fortification bonuses while the offensive focuses give army and air bonuses. They end with the shared focus Army Reform which removes the starting national spirit Victors of the Great War.
- Form the Popular Front/Revive the National Bloc Branch
- This branch develops French industry. The left side of the branch adds factories to various states, completely removes Inefficient Economy and leads to the communist sub-branch. The right side of the branch develops construction speed, manipulates party popularity, and leads to the fascist and monarchist sub-branch. Both sides lead to the historical democratic sub-branch of the focus tree and Intervention in Spain decisions.
- Invite Communist Ministers Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows France to become Communist, gain manpower and political power. The Reconciliation section gives stability and political power. It leads to the Anti-Fascist coalition section which allies with neighboring or Balkan Communist and Democratic nations and manpower. The Revolution to the Utmost gives war support and a civil war. It leads to the Loyalty to the Cause section which gives war goals against the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany and Italy. Both the Reconciliation and the Revolution to the Utmost leads to the Loyalty to Moscow section which allows France to join the Comintern. This section and the Anti-Fascist coalition section leads to a focus that gives war goals against all neighboring Fascist nation.
- Leftist Rhetoric Sub-branch
- This sub-branch is only available if the La Résistance DLC is not enabled. This allows France to become Communist.
- The Blum-Viollette Proposal Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows France to core Algeria, gain non-core manpower and compliance or lose the national spirit Full Employment. Depending on the choice of the colonies, the French Union focus allows France to annex and core its colonies or increase resistance.
- Review Foreign Policy Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows France to either create the Little Entente with Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Romania or Poland, support Finland in their war, join the Allies or create the Stressa Front with the United Kingdom and Italy.
- Utilize the Leagues Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows France to become Fascist, gain claims on various nations and make alliances with other European nations. The Latin Entente section allows France to ally with Spain, Portugal and Italy for French Somaliland, gain claims on Greece and war goals on Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. The Towards a New Europe section allows France to join the Axis, gain claims and war goals on Belgium and Canada. Both sections lead to war goals claims and subjugation on the Middle East.
- The Council of Rambouillet Sub-branch
- This sub-branch restores the French monarchy from either the House of Orléans (Orléaniste), Bourbon (Légitimistes) or Bonaparte (Bonapartiste). The Orléanist section gives war goals against Germany and Italy. The Légitimist section gives an alliance, an annexation or wargoal on Spain. The Bonapartist section gives war goals against United Kingdom, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and the Soviet Union. It also has a focus to split Germany into 7-9 different countries.
- Right Wing Rhetoric Sub-branch
- This sub-branch is only available if the La Résistance DLC is not enabled. This allows France to become Fascist.
- Naval Rearmament Branch
- This branch includes focuses which grant experience and research bonuses that improve the navy.
- Air Focus Branch
- This branch includes focuses which grant experience and research bonuses that improve the air force.
|Available only with the La Résistance DLC enabled.|
If France capitulates to the German Reich, it will be divided into Free France and Vichy France, with both regimes receiving a unique national focus tree as part of the La Résistance expansion. Without the expansion, Free France retains the French national focus tree, whereas Vichy France utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
- Main article: Free French national focus tree
Free France's unique focus tree has 2 main branches:
- Refus Absurde Branch
- This branch focuses on cultivating resistance in the occupied French territories, as well as making it harder for the occupiers to gain compliance.
- Appeal To the French Nation Branch
- This branch focuses on recovering a measure of war capacity and contesting with Vichy France for control over the French overseas territories, so as to lay the groundwork for the ultimate restoration of France.
- Main article: Vichy French national focus tree
Vichy France's unique focus tree has 1 single branch:
- Emergency Powers To Petain Branch
- This branch focuses on rebuilding and revitalising a war-torn France with the ultimate objective of reasserting control over all occupied territories, either by collaborating with the German Reich, or by actively fighting against them.
- Main article: German national focus tree
Germany, as one of the seven major powers, has a unique national focus tree.
The German national focus tree can be divided into 6 branches and 3 Sub-branches:
- Four Year Plan Branch
- This branch improves Germany's industry, adds a research slot, builds fort lines around Europe and allows the creation of puppets.
- Air Innovations Branch
- This branch improves Germany's air force and speeds up research of nuclear weapons and rockets.
- Army Innovations Branch
- This branch improves Germany's land forces and allows for an alliance with the Soviet Union.
- Rhineland Branch
- The Fascist branch allows war with the Soviet Union, and friendship with China or Japan. It leads to the Anschluss sub-branch with more annexation and war options.
- Anschluss Sub-branch
- This sub-branch under the Rhineland branch allows Germany to annex several states and to ally with or declare war on several countries.
- Naval Rearmament Branch
- This branch improves Germany's navy and befriends Scandinavian countries and the Netherlands.
- Oppose Hitler Branch
- This branch allows Germany to remove Adolf Hitler as leader via civil war and pursue a democratic or non-aligned path. It requires Waking the Tiger.
- Return of the Kaiser Sub-branch
- This sub-branch restores Germany's monarchy under Wilhelm II, gives war goals against the British and the French, and allows for restoring the Italian and Austro-Hungarian monarchies; Germany can also choose to be subordinate to the British and to fight against communist France. It also allies with eastern nations in order to fight the communist threat of the Soviet Union. It requires Waking the Tiger.
- The Monarchy Compromise Sub-branch
- This sub-branch creates a type of constitutional monarchy; it can happen under both Kaisers Wilhelm II and Wilhelm III. It creates a faction with Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Finland in order to fight the Soviet Union and other communist forces. It also adds one more research slot than the regular five slots and gives boosts to nuclear technology. It requires Waking the Tiger.
- Main article: Italian national focus tree
Italy, as one of the seven major powers, gets a unique national focus tree.
Italy has an interesting national focus tree with five different branches:
- Ethiopian War Logistics
- A smaller tree which focuses on industrial build up.
- Army Primacy
- Strengthens your army research.
- Mare Nostrum
- The big naval strengthening tree.
- Light Ship Focus
- Destroyer & Submarine benefits.
- Triumph in Africa
- The big political and diplomatic tree, where you have lots of different choices on who to befriend and conquer.
- Main article: Japanese national focus tree
Japan, as one of the seven major powers, has a unique national focus tree.
The Japanese national focus tree can be divided into 7 branches:
- The Unthinkable Option Branch
- The Communist branch and is organized around the idea of establishing a Communist state in Japan with the possibility of either joining the Soviets or forming a faction with the Chinese Communists. It requires Waking the Tiger.
- Purge the Kodoha Faction Branch
- The historical Fascist tree, it focuses around the aggressive conquest of China, Indochina, Indonesia and the Philippines and an alliance with Siam.
- National Mobilization Law/ National Defense State Sub-branches
- Two Sub-branches that is used for both the Purge the Kodoha Faction Branch and the Support the Kodoha Faction Branch. It Increases economy law and allows Kamikaze Strikes.
- Support the Kodoha Faction Branch
- The Non-Aligned Branch is focused on building up to a war with the Soviet Union and joining the German Reich's faction.
- Strengthen the Civilian Government Branch
- The Democratic branch starts a civil war with the fascists and installs a Constitutional Monarchy. It also liberates Korea, the Philippines and allows Japan to puppet or annex Dutch East Indies, British Malaya or Indochina. It requires Waking the Tiger.
- Army Expansion Law Branch
- This branch expands Japan's army while also giving it the Bicycle Infantry, a unique unit for Japan.
- Fighter Modernization Sub-branch
- This sub-branch expands Japan's Airforce and connects to both the Army and Naval branches.
- New Naval Estimates Branch
- This branch expands Japan's naval research and industry.
- Main article: Polish national focus tree
Poland gets a unique national focus tree as part of a free DLC. If the DLC is not enabled, Poland will use the generic national focus tree instead.
The focus tree can be divided into 5 main branches:
- Central Region Strategy - The Four Year Plan
- This branch offers the possibility to develop the nation's infrastructure and factories as well as enabling up to two additional research slots.
- Prepare For The Next War
- This branch has options to keep pace/modernize the Polish ground forces with/ahead of its neighbors.
- Air Base Expansion
- This branch includes focuses which grants several research bonuses to improve aircraft. The first focus of the branch adds an air base.
- Develop Polish Ship Building
- This branch includes focuses which grants several research bonuses that could potentially specialize or widen the range of ships available for service soon. Includes research bonus for naval doctrine advancements.
- Strengthen The Polish State
- This branch contains various diplomatic focuses and focuses to change the ideology of the government. This branch has mutually exclusive choices that enables the player to forge an alliance or create one of its own.
- Main article: Soviet national focus tree
Soviet Union, as one of the seven major powers, has a unique national focus tree.
The Soviet focus tree includes four, both historical and alternative, branches:
- Finish the Five Year Plan focuses on the development of infrastructure and factories
- Stalin Constitution focuses on manpower and research
- Found the PCDI is the main diplomatic tree that focuses on international relations
- Permanent Revolution / The Great Purge focuses on internal restructuring to unlock the full power of the Soviet Union.
- Main article: British national focus tree
The British national focus tree can be divided into 5 main branches and 6 distinct sub-branches:
- Cryptologic Bomb/Limited Rearmament Branch
- This branch gives technology research bonuses, factories and an extra research slot.
- General Rearmament Sub-branch
- This sub-branch gives air and naval research bonuses along with providing a collection of air bases and dockyards.
- Reinforce the Empire Branch
- This branch is centered around the industrial development of the colonies and the fortification of key territories, with the ultimate end goal of creating an Imperial Federation, which will have the United Kingdom annex all the colonies and gain cores on their territories.
- Encourage Colonial Elite Sub-branch
- The "Fortify East Asia" side of the sub-branch focuses on developing in Asian colonies, influencing China and gaining a war goal against Japan. The "Commonwealth Ties" side focuses on developing the Dominions, Autonomy or Independence for the British Raj and forming the Imperial Federation.
- Mediterranean Bastion Sub-branch
- This Sub-branch focuses on the development of the Mediterranean colonies, coercion of Balkan countries and Turkey, and gaining a war goal against Italy.
- Steady As She Goes Branch
- The Democratic branch of the Focus tree. The UK will stay democratic and maintain the current government structure.
- Home Defense Sub-branch
- This Democratic sub-branch focuses on intervening against (and puppeting) the Scandinavian and Benelux countries, securing Iraq and Iran, and eventually war with the Soviet Union and Germany.
|Available only with the Man the Guns DLC enabled.|
- Revisit Colonial Policy Branch
- This Branch focuses on decolonization, which effectively amounts to dismantling the British Empire, with some colonial territory kept as puppets, in exchange for getting more manpower and industry in the British homelands, and allowing the UK to concentrate on dealing with European affairs.
- Global Defense Sub-branch
- This Democratic sub-branch focuses on placing Winston Churchill into power early, ending appeasement, eradicating pacifism and mobilizing the country for war followed by gaining war goals against countries with oil, Major European countries who caused World tension, and allowing justification against other Democratic countries.
- A Change in Course Branch
- This branch focuses on changing the government structure of the UK by switching the ideology of the government to Monarchist, Fascist or Communist.
- The Monarchist path focuses on setting up King Edward VIII as an absolute monarch, allying with Germany and gaining war goals against Italy and the Soviet Union. This path also allows the United Kingdom to gain a war goal against the United States to reinstate British rule by installing an American monarchy.
- The Fascist section focuses on securing alliances with other European fascist nations against Germany. The "God Save The King" section is shared with the Monarchist path and focuses on retaking the Dominions after they gain independence and gaining a war goal to annex the United States.
- Concessions to the Trade Unions Sub-branch
- The Communist sub-branch will cause the United Kingdom to become communist and opens up the choice between allying with the Soviet Union or forming a new faction and then moving on to turn other European nations to communism, with the end goal of going to war with Germany and the United States and installing puppet regimes in each. It also forces the United Kingdom to take the decolonization focus and complete it within 2 years of becoming communist as otherwise a civil war will break out.
- Main article: American national focus tree
The American national focus tree can be divided into 4 branches and 3 Sub-Branches:
- Continue the New Deal/ Reestablish the Gold Standard Branch
- This branch allows the United States to remove the effects of the Great Depression, increase research, change political leanings or increase production. The closer the focus is to the edge of the branch, the more Communist or Fascist the focus is while the closer to the center, the more Democratic the focus.
- Suspend the Persecution Sub-branch
- The Communist sub-branch. It focuses on changing the political party to under threat of Civil War, allying with other Communist Factions and decolonizing the Pacific. It requires Man the Guns.
- America First Sub-branch
- War Plans Division Branch
- This Branch mainly gives the the United States decisions that give attack and defense bonuses against certain countries.
- War Department Branch
- This Branch gives army and air technology research boosts
- Two Ocean Navy Act Sub-branch
- This Branch gives naval technology research boosts and production cost modifiers
Together for Victory trees
|Available only with the Together for Victory DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Australian national focus tree
Australia, along with other nations of the British commonwealth, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Together for Victory expansion. Without the expansion, Australia utilizes the Generic national focus tree.
The Australian national focus tree can be divided into 7 branches:
- Additional Militia Training Branch
- Focuses on providing research bonuses for Land Doctrines, Infantry equipment, Support Companies and Armour.
- Expand the RAAF Branch
- Focuses on improving the Air Force, including research bonuses for aircraft and air doctrines.
- Cockatoo Island Shipyards Branch
- Looks to upgrade the Australian Navy, focusing on ship and naval doctrine bonuses.
- Standard Gauge Railway/ Industries Assistance Corporation Branch
- Form a joint tree focusing on improving infrastructure and industrial capacity.
- Establish Advisory War Council Branch
- Acts as a domestic politics tree, providing means to lift the country out of the Great Depression, and additional research slots.
- Support the Policy of Appeasement Branch
- Keeps Australia within the Allies, providing access to Commonwealth technology sharing bonuses.
- Never Another Gallipoli Branch
- Causes Australia to leave the Allies, giving further options to remain a Democracy, or to realign with either Fascist or Communist ideologies.
- Main article: British Raj national focus tree
British Raj, along with other nations of the British commonwealth, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Together for Victory expansion. Without the expansion, the British Raj utilizes the Generic national focus tree.
The British Raj has a unique focus tree with 3 main branches:
- Provincial Elections
- Focuses on gaining independence and modifies the debilitating national spirits of the British Raj.
- Lessons of the Great War
- Focuses on expanding the army, establishes the air force and gives elite infantry divisions.
- Great Indian Peninsula Railway
- Focuses on building infrastructure, naval dockyards, and gives extra research slots.
- Main article: Canadian national focus tree
Canada, along with other nations of the British commonwealth, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Together for Victory expansion. Without the expansion, Canada utilizes the Generic national focus tree.
Canada's unique focus tree has six main branches:
- Industrial and Internal Politics
- A large, interwoven tree that serves to increase industrial capacity, resource availability and to lift the country out of the Great Depression. This first part of the tree is the most powerful, but most of it is locked behind War Bonds and Defense Regulations, which respectively require war and some world tension. These focuses should be picked as they become available to start the industrial expansion. Another key focus is Commit to War, which is necessary for any conscription law above Volunteer Only and mitigates the Great Depression penalties. Finally, the Canadian player must choose between Send In the Zombies to significantly increase their manpower pool, or National Steel Car to unlock their full industrial potential.
- Army Modernization
- The ground forces branch. Focuses on research bonuses for infantry, armor, artillery and support divisions. Requires Send In the Zombies from the industrial tree for the last focus tiers.
- Strengthen the Commonwealth Ties
- The historical path. Keeps Canada within the Allies, providing bonuses to Commonwealth technology sharing and other buffs to industry and resources.
- Canada severs ties with the United Kingdom, thereby allowing allowing Canada to leave the Allies. The first, democratic branch builds an alliance with the United States; the others are the fascist and communist paths. A notable option in the fascist branch is to bring Mexico over to fascism and mount a two-pronged invasion against the United States.
- RCAF Station Borden
- Provides bonuses to radar, aircraft and air doctrine research.
- Halifax Shipyards
- Focuses on the Canadian Navy, giving bonuses to ship model and naval doctrine research.
- Main article: New Zealand national focus tree
New Zealand, along with other nations of the British commonwealth, gets a unique national focus tree (part of the Together for Victory expansion). Without the expansion New Zealand utilizes the Generic national focus tree.
New Zealand's unique focus tree has five main branches:
- The First Labour Government
- Acts as the political tree, providing both a means to deal with internal issues, and mutually exclusive branches on whether to remain within the Commonwealth, or to push for Independence as a Democratic, Fascist or Communist country.
- Transfer the New Zealand Division
- Focuses on developing a navy through construction of dockyards and bonuses to ship and naval doctrine research.
- Expand the NZPAF
- Provides bonuses to aircraft and air doctrine research.
- National Roads Board
- Acts as the industrial tree, buffing industrial capacity, resource extraction and research slots.
- Army Reforms
- Focuses on bonuses for Infantry, Armour and Artillery, and construction of military industry capacity.
- Main article: South African national focus tree
South Africa, along with other nations of the British commonwealth, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Together for Victory expansion. Without the expansion it utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
South Africa's unique focus tree has 6 main branches and 2 sub-branches:
- War Measures Act/Support the Policy of Appeasement
- This branch focuses on war preparations, mustering South Africa's industrial capacity as well as constructing strategic defensive forts. The other half of the branch reinforces cooperation with the rest of the Commonwealth.
- Abandon Westminster
- This branch focuses on independence from the Commonwealth, with a choice of becoming either a Fascist or Communist country.
- Support the Afrikaner Broederbond
- The Fascist sub-branch. This branch opens the possibility to switch to fascism by starting a civil war. The player can go for greater cooperation with the German Reich, which comes with substantial benefits, or start a faction of its own, with a policy of revanchism targeting the United Kingdom. In either case, former British king Edward VIII can be selected as the head of state.
- Empower the Workers
- The Communist sub-branch. One path aligns South Africa with the Soviet Union. The other is the most unique of the focus tree, Anti-Colonialist Crusade: South Africa declares war on the colonial powers to liberate Africa from their rule.
- South African Railways
- This branch focuses on improving infrastructure, expanding industrial capacity, and providing additional research slots.
- Special Service Battalion
- This branch provides bonuses to weapons, artillery and land doctrine research.
- Commit to the Five-Year Plan
- This branch provides bonuses to aircraft and air doctrine research.
- Seaward Defense Force
- This branch focuses on the navy, giving bonuses to ship models and naval doctrine research.
Death or Dishonor trees
|Available only with the Death or Dishonor DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Czechoslovakian national focus tree
Czechoslovakia, along with three other nations situated between the German Reich and the Soviet Union, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Without the expansion, Czechoslovakia utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
Czechoslovakia's unique focus tree has 7 distinct branches:
- Fortification Studies: This centers around land fortifications needed to successfully defend against German aggression. Note that some foci in this section set the fort level in provinces instead of adding extra forts. Building forts is not advised, as they will be overwritten when a new fort level is set.
- Industrial Legacy: This provides Czechoslovakia with additional factories and industrial bonuses.
- Political Direction: Here Czechoslovakia is given options for steering politics & diplomacy towards one of the major factions or a faction of its own.
- Strategy Decisions: These foci are similar to the political section but provide more interaction on cessions and research sharing.
- Land, Air & Naval Branches: Each section is devoted to one branch of military power and research. Note that the Naval branch cannot be started until Czechoslovakia gains a coastal province
- Main article: Hungarian national focus tree
The Kingdom of Hungary, along with three other nations situated between Germany and the Soviet Union, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Without the expansion, Hungary utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
The Hungarian national focus tree can be divided into 3 branches and 6 sub-branches:
- Political Branch
- This branch allows Hungary to change its political stance.
- Strengthen the Monarchists Sub-branch
- This branch allows Hungary to elect a Democratic, Fascist, or a Habsburg King and could potentially re-create the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Strengthen Fascists Sub-branch
- This branch allows Hungary to become Fascist and create Greater Hungary and either join the Axis or create their own faction with Italy.
- Council of People's Commissars Sub-branch
- This branch allows Hungary to become Communist and join the Comintern.
- Industrial Revitalization Branch
- This branch allows Hungary to develop its industry and unlock research slots. One of its sub-branches is connected to the Establish the Air-Force sub-branch.
- Secret Rearmament Branch
- This branch allows Hungary to cast off the Treaty of Trianon and start researching military tech.
- Establish the Air-Force Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows the research and licensing of the Airforce.
- Army Maneuvers Sub-branch
- This sub-branch gives research bonuses for various types of Army equipment.
- Naval Warfare Sub-branch
- This sub-branch deals with the Navy but requires that Hungary controls a coastal state as they lack one in 1936.
|This is a community maintained wiki. If you spot a mistake then you are welcome to fix it.|
- Main article: Romanian national focus tree
Romania, along with three other nations situated between Germany and the Soviet Union, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Without the expansion, Romania utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
The Romanian national focus tree can be divided into 7 branches:
- Preserve Greater Romania Branch
- This Branch allows Romania to join the Comintern, Axis or Allies or create the Cordon Sanitaire with Poland and Czechoslovakia. Unlike other focus trees, the separate ideologies in this tree are not mutually exclusive.
- Industry Sub-branch
- This branch allows Romania to develop its industry. To start this branch, one must start the "Preserve Greater Romania" or the "Balkans Dominance" Branch.
- Balkans Dominance Branch
- This branch allows Romania to puppet, annex, split or declare war with Bulgaria, Greece, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Hungary or Czechoslovakia.
- Institute Royal Dictatorship Branch
- This Branch handles the King and political ideology popularity. the ideologies are not mutually exclusive with each other.
- Expand the Airforce Branch
- This branch allows the research and licensing of the airforce.
- Army Maneuvers Branch
- This branch gives the player free division templates and a general as well as army research.
- Expand the Galati Shipyards Branch
- This branch researches the navy.
- Main article: Yugoslavian national focus tree
Yugoslavia, along with three other nations situated between Germany and the Soviet Union, gets a unique national focus tree as part of the Death or Dishonor expansion. Without the expansion, Yugoslavia utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
Yugoslavia's unique focus tree has 6 main branches:
- Western Focus branch
- Allows the player to choose between increased centralization or increased autonomy for Yugoslavia's constituent states, and also to choose between remaining non-aligned, joining the Allies or joining the Axis.
- Recognize the Soviet Union branch
- Allows Yugoslavia to become communist, after which the player can choose between joining the Comintern or creating an independent faction for other Balkan countries to join.
- Industrialization Program branch
- Builds up the country, gives resources and factories, improves infrastructure and gives the option of focusing more on the main Serbian provinces or improving the country equally.
- Modernize the Air Force branch
- Improves the air force and builds military factories for aircraft production. The player can choose between producing their own aircraft or licensing foreign ones from other countries.
- Army Modernization branch
- Expands the army and gives bonuses for army research.
- Expand the Shipyards branch
- Expands the navy to better protect the homeland and gives bonuses for naval research.
Waking the Tiger trees
|Available only with the Waking the Tiger DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Chinese national focus tree
China's unique focus tree has 4 main branches:
- Three Principles of the People
- Focuses on the internal social affairs of the nation and regional political relations.
- Military Affairs Commission
- Focuses on military and fortification reform.
- Unified Industrial Planning
- Focuses on economic and technological build-up of the nation.
- Invite Foreign Investors
- Allows for expansion of foreign investment aimed at increasing Chinese power. This branch is shared with Communist China and Manchukuo.
Chinese minors that destroy or displace the Chinese national government and declare themselves the legitimate government will adopt this national focus tree. Players of Chinese minors should review their own focus tree and that of Nationalist or Communist China when planning their game.
- Main article: Communist Chinese national focus tree
The Communist Chinese national focus tree can be divided into 3 branches:
- Strengthen the Central Secretariat Branch
- This Branch allows Communist China to either befriend the Soviet Union, join with Nationalist China, or go an independent path.
- Land Redistribution Branch
- This Branch allows Communist China to increase research slots, increase their popular support, and deal with External Politics.
- The Yan'an Base Area Sub-branch
- This Branch allows Communist China to deal with the Japanese threat, ally and infiltrate China, and increase military power.
- Invite Foreign Investors Branch
- This Branch allows Communist China to ask Major Countries for industrial support.
- Main article: Manchu national focus tree
Manchukuo gets a national focus with the Waking the Tiger expansion. Its "Invite Foreign Investors" branch is shared with China, Communist China and the Chinese Warlords if they change their focus tree.
The Manchu national focus tree can be divided into 2 branches. Their unique branch contains 2 sub-branches:
- Pacify the Countryside Branch
- This is the beginning of Manchukuo's unique branch.
- Obedience Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Manchukuo to stay obedient to the Japanese and allows for becoming independent without going to war with Japan.
- Assertiveness Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Manchukuo to declare war against Japan for independence, reclaim the Mandate of Heaven and restore the Qing Empire.
- Invite Foreign Investors Branch
- This Branch allows Manchukuo to ask Major Countries for industrial support. It is shared with the other Chinese nations.
- Main article: Warlords national focus tree
The Chinese warlords ( Yunnan, Sinkiang, Guangxi, Shanxi, and Xibei San Ma) share a unique national focus tree in the Waking the Tiger DLC. Without the expansion the warlords use the Generic national focus tree instead.
The Warlord national focus tree can be divided into 2 branches and 3 sub-branches:
- Secure Internal Politics Branch
- This branch begins the political focuses for the Warlords.
- Cooperation With the Nationalists sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to side with Nationalist China. This will replace the current focus tree with the Chinese national focus tree.
- Cooperation With the Communists sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to side with Communist China and be able to replace and annex them with Soviet Support. When replacing Communist China, The current focus tree will change into the Communist Chinese national focus tree and all Their national spirits will be yours.
- Opposition sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to instigate Border Clashes with the other Chinas, side with the Japanese and then proclaim a rival government different to Nationalist and Communist China
- Industrial Investment Branch
- This is the Industrial branch of the focus tree.
Man the Guns trees
|Available only with the Man the Guns DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Mexican national focus tree
The Mexican national focus tree can be divided into 2 Branches and 4 Sub-branches:
- National Bank Branch
- This branch focuses on infrastructure, removing the threat of the Caudillo civil war or changing the political party to Communism.
- Military Budget Review Sub-branch
- This Sub-branch focuses on military technology.
- Oil Field Expansion Sub-branch
- This Sub-branch deals with foreign relations with major countries and joining their faction.
- Plan of Agua Prieta Branch
- This branch focuses on switching the political party to either Democracy, Fascism or Communism. The Fascist or Communist focuses increase or decrease Church Power respectively.
- Control the Army Sub-branch
- This sub-branch deals with increasing or decreasing the power of the Church.
- March Southwards Sub-branch
- This sub-branch gives war goals against other countries within the Americas.
- Main article: Dutch national focus tree
The Dutch national focus tree can be divided into 3 branches and 5 sub-branches:
- Obtain Foreign Colonial Investments Branch
- This branch expands Dutch industry in the colonies and allows the Dutch to move their government to the Dutch East Indies in case it capitulates and gain war goal against Venezuela.
- Abandon the Gold Standard Branch
- This Branch allows the expansion of the industry in the European Mainland and removing the De Crisisjaren national spirit.
- Overturn Military Budget Cuts Sub-branch
- This sub-branch focuses on removing the pacifism in the country and increases military technology.
- Form New Government Branch
- This branch allows The Netherlands to choose either German or British influence or head a neutral path.
- Volk en Vaderland Sub-branch
- The fascist sub-branch allows the Netherlands to ally with Germany, Placate the Japanese with the Dutch East Indies or gain war goals on former colonial holdings and other Benelux nations.
- Legacy of the "De Zeven Provinciën" Mutiny Sub-branch
- The communist sub-branch allows the Netherlands to release its colonial holdings, Join the Soviet or French faction and gain war goals on non-communist western major nations and the Benelux.
- Oranje Boven! Sub-branch
- The monarchist sub-branch allows Netherlands to make Wilhelmina head of government, gain guarantees from the United States and take manpower from the Germans.
- "Unity Through Democracy" Sub-Branch
- The democratic sub-branch allows the Netherlands to form the Benelux faction, invite other democratic European countries and create the European Union.
La Résistance trees
|Available only with the La Résistance DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Portuguese national focus tree
The Portuguese national focus tree can be divided into 5 branches and 5 sub-branches:
- Colonial Assimilation Policy branch
- This branch focuses on managing the Portuguese colonies and their industries.
- Continue the Public Works branch
- This branch focuses on industry expansion in Portugal, additional research slots and land and air military research boosts.
- Second Navy Reequipment branch
- This branch focuses on the naval industry expansion, additional research slot and navy research boosts.
- Army Reorganization branch
- This branch focuses on military infrastructure and land doctrines.
- Popular Front/Estado Novo branch
- This branch allows Portugal to choose its ideology, ruling party, and stance about the Spanish Civil War.
- Nation in Arms sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Portugal to become communist and join the Comintern.
- Support the Spanish Republic sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Portugal to become communist and spread it in South America.
- Strict Neutrality in the Spanish Civil War sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Portugal to go democratic and join the Allies.
- Support the Spanish Nationalists sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Portugal to join the Allies, remain unaligned, join the Axis or become the Fifth Empire.
- A Royal Wedding sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Portugal to become a monarchy.
Spain gets a unique national focus tree with the La Résistance expansion, which will split into two separate trees once the Spanish Civil War breaks out. Without the expansion, it utilizes the Generic national focus tree instead.
- Main article: Nationalist Spanish national focus tree
The Nationalist Spanish national focus tree can be divided into 11 sections. 1 pre civil war branch leading into 3 main branches and 2 shared branches. A post civil war sub-branch can be split from each of these Branches:
- A Great Spain Branch
- This pre Spanish Civil War branch gives Spain popularity to the Fascist and Non-Aligned parties, Political Power, garrison control over various Spanish states, and various divisions during the Spanish Civil War. Unlike the Republican Spanish national focus tree, these focuses take 28 or 35 days rather than 70 days.
- The Phalanx Ascendant Branch
- This branch allows the Falangists to take power, increase Stability, create minor uprisings against Republican Spain, gain a research slot and gain Civilian and Military factories. This path will force the Carlists to declare war making another faction to fight against in the civil war.
- The National-Syndicalist State Sub-branch
- Once the Spanish Civil War is over, this sub-branch allows Falangist Spain to expand its navy, gain a research slot, gain factories and give army bonuses in recruitable population and training time. It recreates the Spanish Empire with war goals against Portugal and its colonies, United Kingdom, France, Italy, The United States, former Spanish Colonies and Brazil.
- The Corpo Truppe Volontarie/The Condor Legion Branch
- This branch is shared between the Falangists and the Nationalists. It allows Italy and Germany to send more volunteers to aid in the civil war. It also gives forts on the French border, stability, political power and research bonuses.
- The National And Popular Army of Spain/Join the Axis/National Recovery sub-branch
- Once the Spanish Civil War is over, it gives the Falangists and the Nationalists research bonuses for the army, factories, infrastructure, reduces the effects of the "Recovering From Civil War" national spirit and gives national recovery bonuses.
- Unify the Nationalist Front Branch
- This branch focuses on aligning the Falangist and Carlist factions under the leadership of Francisco Franco as Nationalist Spain. It gives stability and war support, and combat bonuses. It will also bypass an impending Carlist revolt. There is also a focus that allows Portugal to send more volunteers which leads to two focuses that can only be done once the Spanish Civil War is over. These two focuses allow Spain to ally Portugal and create the Latin Bloc which also allies with Vichy France, Italy and other Iberian countries if they are available.
- Join the Allies/Adopt the 26 Points Sub-branch
- Once the Spanish Civil War is over, it allows Nationalist Spain to join the British or American faction, which gives naval bonuses, factories, boosts national recovery and removes the "Recovering From Civil War" national spirit. It adds a research slot. The Adopt the 26 Points sub-branch leads to a section that is shared with Carlist Spain. The Nationalist Spain exclusive section allows Francisco Franco to become dictator for life and leads to focuses that allows the sending of volunteers and wargoals against France and the United Kingdom.
- Utilize the Intellectuals Branch
- This branch is shared between the Nationalists and the Carlists. It gives a research slot.
- Restore the Monarchy Sub-branch
- These focuses can only be selected after the Spanish Civil War is over. If the Nationalists take this branch, Alfonso XIII becomes leader of the Non-Aligned party. If the Carlists take this branch, it fulfills the choice made in the Settle the Succession Question focus and creates the Kingdom of Spain. Jaime IV replaces Alfonso XIII if the focus is not taken by February 28, 1941. The rest of the branch gives air buildings and forts on naval bases. These focuses must be taken by Nationalist Spain in order to unlock the wargoal for Gibraltar and West Africa. Carlist Spain cannot take the focuses following these.
- Supremacy of the Communion Branch
- This branch allows the Carlists to prepare insurrections in the civil war, gain army bonuses, gain air and army research bonuses and civilian factories. This path will force the Falangists to declare war making another faction to fight against in the civil war.
- Settle the Succession Question Sub-branch
- After the Spanish Civil War, this sub-branch allows Carlist Spain to chose between Alfonso XIII or Javier I as King of Spain. Jaime IV replaces Alfonso XIII if the focus is not taken by February 28, 1941. It also gives naval research bonuses, a research slot and war goals against the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, the United States, Cuba and the Philippines. If France has Alphonse I as King, they may decide to become a Spanish Puppet. Otherwise, Spain gets a wargoal. Portugal may also chose to be annexed and cored by Spain or give wargoals.
- Main article: Republican Spanish national focus tree
The Nationalist Spanish national focus tree can be divided into 12 sections. 1 pre civil war branch leading into 3 main branches and 2 shared branches. A post civil war sub-branch can be split from each of these branches. The post civil war Communist Branch can be divided into 2 separate sub branches:
- The Popular Front Branch
- This pre-Spanish Civil War branch gives Republican Spain army battalions when the Civil War begins as well as disadvantages to the Nationalists. It also gives political power. These focuses take longer than the Nationalist pre-war focuses so it is in the player's best interest to extend the pre-civil war preparations until all the focuses are complete (The final focus will start the civil war).
- Regional Defense Council of Aragon Branch
- The Anarchist branch of the focus tree allows beneficial modifiers to the Anarchist Society national spirit as well as the special Collectivized Society economy law and "Council" government advisors. This branch also creates an Anarchist civil war in Portugal which may lead to its annexation and coring of all its core states.
- Torchbearers of Tomorrow Sub-branch
- Once the Spanish Civil War is over, Anarchist Spain may rebuild its economy in preparation for future wars. This branch also gives bonuses to war goal justification time and decisions to create anarchist uprisings in foreign nations as well as the coring of states with high compliance.
- International Brigades/Seize the Gold Reserves Branch
- This branch is shared between Anarchists and Communists. It allows a weekly manpower boost during the civil war, the seizure of gold reserves for factory output and factories and will lead to another front against the rival ideology within the Republican side of the Civil War. It is required in order to progress through the focus tree.
- Collective Recovery Efforts Sub-branch
- Once the Civil War is over, Spain can take the Collective Recovery Efforts focus in order to progress to the rest of the post civil war focuses. The other two focuses give bonuses to the navy.
- The Anti-Fascist Worker's Revolution Branch
- The Communist Branch of the focus tree splits into two sections. The left path allows the creation of a Communist alliance against the Soviet Union and the creation of The Spanish Commune. This allows the ability to take the focuses shared with the Anarchists and the All Must Do Their Part Sub-branch. The right path allows the alliance with the Soviet Union and the creation of The People's Republic of Spain. This allows the ability to take the focuses shared with the Republicans and the Red Bulwark in the West Sub-branch.The center of the branch is shared with both paths and allows bonuses in the industry. The Focus Increase Arms Production may be taken by the Republicans if they take the Communists in the Government focus.
- All Must Do Their Part Sub-branch
- This post civil war sub-branch allows The Spainish Commune to recover from the Spanish Civil War, make an alliance with other Communist nations not in Asia, and get war goals against every European Fascist nation, Mexico and the Soviet Union.
- Red Bulwark in the West Sub-branch
- This post civil war sub-branch allows The People's Republic of Spain to try to increase its autonomy if it is a puppet of the Soviet Union, gain war goals on Portugal, France and all other nations who sent volunteers to the Nationalist side. This sub-branch is also shared with Republican Spain if they take the Communists in the Government focus and may be done before the civil war is over this way.
- Strengthen the Euzko Gudarostea Branch
- This branch is shared between the Communists and the Republicans. It seeks aid from the Soviet Union for the civil war and in return, Spain will become a puppet under them. It also creates a third faction in the civil war from the Anarchists.
- Soviet Recovery Aid Sub-branch
- This post civil war sub-branch further increases military development if the Spain is still in a faction with the Soviet Union.
- Maintain the Second Republic Branch
- The Democratic branch allows Republican Spain to increase Stability and military strength. It also asks France's help in lend lease. Spain may Oppose the Communists which leads to independence from the Soviet Union and allows Spain to stay . Spain may also allow Communists in the Government which will allow Spain to become Communist and take the Increase Arms Production and the Red Bulwark in the West Sub-branch in the Communist side of the focus tree.
- Subvert Soviet Control/Stabilize the Nation/Restore Higher Education Sub-branch
- This post civil war branch allows Republican Spain to declare war for independence against the Soviet Union with the aid of either the Democratic nations or Germany and Italy. It also increases military capability and allows Spain to join in the war against the Fascist majors.
Battle for the Bosporus trees
|Available only with the Battle for the Bosporus DLC enabled.|
- Main article: Bulgarian national focus tree
The Bulgarian national focus tree can be divided into 2 branches which can be divided into 13 sub-branches:
- Acquire Modern Tools Branch
- This branch upgrades Bulgaria's industry and military capabilities.
- Improve the Road System Sub-branch
- This allows Bulgaria to upgrade its industrial capabilities alone or with the help of foreign powers.
- Georgi Benkovski Aircraft Repair Facilities/ Negotiate Bulgarian Rearmament Sub-branch
- This allows Bulgaria to upgrade its army and airforce as well as gain design companies that can be enhanced with the national focus Prussia of the Balkans.
- A Black Sea Fleet Sub-branch
- This allows Bulgaria to gain technology boosts with its navy.
- Prussia of the Balkans/ Supremacy on the Bosporus sub-branch
- These focuses give Bulgaria a strong national spirit, defensive buildings in the Bosporus, and war goals against nations bordering the Adriatic, Aegean and Black Seas.
- Oppose the Royal Dictatorship/ Power to the Tsar Branch
- The political branch of the focus tree allows the manipulation of faction loyalties within Bulgaria as well as giving or taking Tsar Boris III's power in government.
- Appoint Communist Ministers Sub-branch
- The Communist sub-branch allows sending volunteers to the Spanish Civil War, asking the Soviet Union for assistance, befriending Yugoslavia and creating the People's Republic of Bulgaria.
- Full Voting Rights for Women Sub-branch
- This is shared between the Communist and Democratic sub-branches. Depending on which sub-branch is chosen, this gives a bigger boost to the respective ideology.
- Democratic Principles Sub-branch
- The Democratic sub-branch allows the cooperation or abolishment of the Tsar as well as befriending Greece
- Ban Far-Right Organizations/ Restrained Paramilitary Organizations Sub-branch
- This is shared between the Democratic and Monarchist sub-branches and it manipulates the internal factions of the country.
- Liberalization of Trade Policies Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows the assassination of Tsar Boris III and brings either the return of Tsar Ferdinand I or the rule of Tsar Simeon II under a regency.
- The Tsar's Regime/ Appoint Right-Wing Ministers Sub-branch
- This shared Monarchist and Fascist sub-branch allows the increase of power to Tsar Boris III or his deposition. It also asks Germany and Italy for foreign assistance.
- Follow the Stalinist Doctrine/ Balkan Federation of Socialist Republics/ A Balkan Confederation Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Bulgaria to join the Comintern , form an independent Communist faction, or a confederacy. Bulgaria may ask for the annexation of the other Balkan countries to form the United Balkan Federation
- Approach the United Kingdom Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Bulgaria to join the Allies, ask the United Kingdom to transfer historical Bulgarian states from allied members and guarantee other Balkan states.
- The Fate of the Balkans/ Join the Tripartite Pact Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Bulgaria create the Greater Bulgarian Federation or join the Axis. Bulgaria may form the Third Bulgarian Empire.
- Main article: Greek national focus tree
The Greek national focus tree can be divided into 4 branches and 6 sub-branches:
- Bring Home the Exiled Republicans Branch
- This branch allows Greece to form a Democratic, Byzantine or Communist government.
- Compromise with the Monarchists Sub-branch
- This sub-branch forms a Democratic government in Greece, Create Hellas or recreate the Byzantine Empire and turn Fascist.
- Request Communist Support Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Greece to form a Communist government, ally with the Soviet Union to start a border conflict for the Bosporus or go their own way and incite a communist rebellion in Yugoslavia
- The King's Government Branch
- This branch allows Greece to make George II an absolute Monarch with threat of civil war or have Metaxas take control of the government.
- Use the Military Sub-branch
- This Non-aligned sub-branch allows Greece to make alliances with the Central Powers or the Allies, achieve Enosis with Cyprus and form Macedonian Empire with George II.
- An Orthodox State Sub-branch
- These focuses upgrade the Metaxism national spirit and are required if the player wants to keep it.
- Recruit the Fascists Sub-branch
- This Fascist sub-branch allows Greece to make alliances with the Axis, and form Macedonian Empire with George Mercouris or Hellas with Ioannis Metaxas.
- The Four Year Plan Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Greece to negotiate with foreign major powers and upgrade the Schachtplan.
- Devaluating the Drachma Branch
- This branch helps pay foreign debts, increase industry, cooperate or crack down on foreign monopolies and focus on either industrializing or sticking with Greece's agrarian society.
- Hellenic Armed Forces Branch
- This branch expands military technology and gives mountain training bonuses to infantry units.
- Main article: Turkish national focus tree
The Turkish national focus tree can be divided into 2 branches The first can be divided into 3 sections with multiple sub-branches within:
- The Montreux Convention Branch
- This branch allows Turkey to manipulate its internal politics.
The Montreux Convention Branch can be divided into 5 sections which pivot Turkey's internal politics.
- Privatize the Anadolu Agency Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to becomeDemocratic, integrate the Kurdish states and increase infrastructure. If Adnan Menderes is the leader, it will force a civil war.
- The Sanayiciler Sub-branch
- The industry sub-branch allows Turkey to remove its Debt Council and gain foreign investments with the help of the old Great Powers and the United States. Turkey must not be Communist.
- Treaty of Saadabad Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to be neutral internationally, have non-aggression pacts with middle eastern nations, take the state of Hatay and either following or deny The Legacy of Atatürk.
- Peace at Home/ Reinvigorate Turkish Nationalism Sub-branch
- This non-aligned sub-branch allows Turkey to deal with the Kurdish, Kemalist and Traditionalist factions. If the Kemalist Officers have too much power and Turkey has low stability, it will start a civil war.
- Rehabilitate the Kadro Movement Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to become Fascist or Communist. It also allows the sending of volunteers to the Spanish Civil War.
- Pivot to the Past Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to reform the Ottoman Empire, rejoin the Central Powers, recreate Austria-Hungary or create the Saadabad Concordat with other Middle Eastern nations.
- Reconfigure Turkish Foreign Policy Sub-branch
- This sub-branch starts Turkey's foreign relations with either the Allies, the Axis or the Comintern and is able to get bonuses from the major nations.
- Join the Allies Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to join the Allies, gain bonuses in the airforce or navy, get war goals against Romania or Iran and ask Britain for their Middle Eastern states.
- The Mediterranean Entente/ Join the Axis Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to join the Axis or form the Covenant of the Mediterranean with Italy. The Mediterranean side of the branch allows the Bulgarians and Portuguese to join and the choice between war or alliance with Greece or Spain. It also would give war goals against the United Kingdom, France or the Soviet Union. The Axis path allows an alliance with Germany, military bonuses and meddling in Iraq.
- The Anti-Bolshevik Mediterranean Bloc/ Readdress the Montreux Convention Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to join the Comintern which allows military bonuses and war with Iran and Bulgaria.It also allows the formation of an alliance with Spain and wargoals against the Soviet Union, France and the United Kingdom.
- Misak-ı Millî Sub-branch
- This branch breaks Turkey's alliances to expand into the Soviet Union, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and China to create the Turanian Empire.
- Continue to Prioritize Balkan Integrity Sub-branch
- This sub-branch allows Turkey to create an alliance with the other Balkan nations and would get bonuses that will benefit all faction members.
- Learning From the Great War/ Hava Okulu Branch
- This Branch allows Turkey to increase its armed force research bonus and fort construction speed.