In 1936, they were still recovering from the War of the Triple Alliance which had led to the deaths of many of Paraguay's soldiers and civilians. The war had caused an economic depression, which was only worsened by the Chaco War with Bolivia (another poor country) which had ended only half a year earlier. Although Paraguay managed to win this war, the Chaco Boreal region still remained heavily disputed. Despite having a large pro-Nazi/German community and a Axis sympathizing dictator during World War 2, Paraguay would end up joining the Allies against Germany in the closing days of the War in Europe because of aid provided by the United States.
- Main article: Generic national focus tree
Paraguay, lacking a unique national focus tree, uses the generic national focus tree instead.
The generic focus tree has 5 main branches:
- Army Effort gives army experience and research bonuses to army research.
- Aviation Effort gives air experience, builds air bases, and research bonuses to air research.
- Naval Effort gives navy experience, builds naval dockyards, and research bonuses to navy research.
- Industrial Effort builds civilian and military factories (usually even if building slots are already full)and grants extra research slots.
- Political Effort gives the country choices on which political path they will take.
Paraguay starts with 2 research slots.
|Army technology||Naval technology||Air technology||Electronics & Industry|
Paraguay, in 1936 is a Communist nation however its elections are every 4 years with the next one being in December 1939.
Paraguay has the following political parties:
Staff and designerEdit
|Ricardo Odriosola||Backroom Backstabber||
|Remigio Bastia Martín||Captain of Industry||150 pp|
|Francisco Esculies||Popular Figurehead||
|Calixto Aroyo Tabaorda||Communist Revolutionary||
|A. Dres Gustavo||Democratic Reformer||
|Jesus Alvarez||Fascist Demagogue||
|Armor Company||Tank Designer||
|Naval Company||Ship designer||
|Light Air Company||Light aircraft||
|Medium Air Company||Medium aircraft||
|Heavy Air Company||Heavy aircraft||
|Naval Air Company||Naval aircraft||
|Artillery Company||Artillery designer||
|Small Arms Company||Infantry Equipment designer||
|Motorization Company||Motorized Equipment designer||
|Industrial Company||Industrial Concern||
|Juan Natalico Gonzalez||Military Theorist||
|Higenio Morinigo Martinez||Naval Theorist||
|Conscription Law||Economy Law||Trade Law|
| Volunteer Only
|| Civilian Economy
|| Export Focus
Industry and resourcesEdit
- Paraguay has 3 civilian factories and 1 military factories in the state of Paraguay.
- Paraguay's tungsten and steel is in Chaco Boreal.
Paraguay has a small military.
|Close air support||0|
- Their Infantry has 6 infantry units each.
- Because they are landlocked they do not have a navy.
- Air force
- Their starting air force is only 12 prewar fighters strong.