B - This article is considered a B-class article on the wiki quality scale
Considering the short descriptions of in-game ideologies, I think both the descriptions of communism and fascism are omitting central facts about both systems (in the 30/40s):
- both are oppressive one-party dictatorships
- both are militaristic (or at least are in the most prominent countries w/ these ideologies)
- both dispense with rule of law
I don't want to go over the heineous crimes committed under these systems, as this is clearly not in the scope of the game and violating terms of PDX, but quite clearly, a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin (or Tojo, for that matter) is clearly "the baddies" (or the "goofies", in case of Mussolini) and the descriptions should reflect it.
- Communism is a form of government based on social equality and collective ownership of the means of production
- Communism is a form of one-party government to achieve a class-less society by means of proletarian dictatorship and collective ownership of the means of production. Historically, it is a murderous police state with a disregard to civil liberties.
- Fascism is a form of government characterized by authoritarian nationalism.
- Fascism is a form of dictatorship that strives to advance the nation by means of militarism, ethnic collectivism and a firm belief in the people's higher purpose. Historically, it is a murderous police state with a disregard to civil liberties.
I understand this is a sensitive topic, but then again the current descriptions read like this wiki (and by extent, Hoi4 players) do not care about the actual history of these ideologies at all. Despite hoi4 being a game, I strongly advocate calling a spade a spade here.