List - This article is considered a List-class article on the wiki quality scale
For the recently released Stellaris we have a master mod list thread on the forums which is easier to keep updated than the wiki. I think this is better than the duplicate model used on the EU4 wiki. Does anyone else have strong feelings either way? It would entail removing the listing content here. Dauth (talk) 00:00, 12 June 2016 (CEST)
- Sorry to be replying so late. I feel having a list here is also helpful. There's a significant population of people who don't interact with the forums or have problems registering their games on the forums. Thus they aren't able to take advantage of the list there. A list here (with links limited to forum threads or Steam Workshop) would be very helpful for them. Idhrendur (talk) 20:49, 28 June 2016 (CEST)
[Unindented] The problem with having a list here lies mainly with it's maintenance rather than any particular other reason. From experience with the older wikis, these pages end up a mess of abandoned mods no longer working until one of the wiki staff has to come and clean it up. By relegating this to the forums we can ensure any listed mods would be up and working up within 1 patch level - mods abandoned by their creators would simply get buried with time.
Moreover, the points raised here as why it can't be done on the forums are mote points due to a number of reasons:
- People who look for mods usually start doing so in the forums.
- Registering the game can be bypassed by linking the Steam account for the duration of the use and unlinking it afterwords [ideology reasons aside].
- PDS games are Steam based games; meaning, mods can be found easily on Steam [unless "underground" mod].
- The mod pages on the wikis are of the less visited pages overall.
Basically, with the addition of more games time becomes a more valuable commodity better spent elsewhere. It's easier to have links in the page to where mods can be found in general. If someone is willing to take it upon himself and update it then be my guest. However, the moment it would become too outdated it would have to go. As it happens, having no information is most of the time better than having false information. ~ SolSys (talk) 11:03, 29 June 2016 (CEST)
- I volunteer to make sure the mods listed here aren't abandoned; though I agree a forum post should be made ASAP. Until then however, I'd prefer having a list here. As long as the list up to date, there's nothing wrong with it. --SabasNL (talk) 18:24, 1 July 2016 (CEST)
- Great to hear Had a dad is creating the thread. I agree that once all mods here are listed there, the list here is completely redundant and should be removed. SabasNL (talk) 18:35, 12 July 2016 (CEST)