Template talk:Country navbox
Hey, I was looking through the "countries" folder and noticed there isn't a file for Indonesia, so I think that can be removed from the navbox. Afghanistan is also missing from the navbox and should be added. Also there's only one tag for Korea so that should probably be reduced from two links to one. I'm not sure if West and East Germany should get their own pages or just be reduced to information on the Germany page. --JGBeagle (talk) 18:32, 9 July 2016 (CEST)
- Removed Indonesia. Added Afghanistan.
- Perhaps this navbox should contain only countries taht are playable at the two game starts 1936 and 1939. – Lillebror (talk) 19:03, 9 July 2016 (CEST)
- It depends on the purpose of the navbox; i.e. for EU4 there is the Country guides which lists nations only with strategy guides as well as the Regional Nations navbox which lists every nation in the game [the latter was added only with 1.14 for use with the reworked nations pages]. ~ SolSys (talk) 22:10, 9 July 2016 (CEST)
- Can you imagine the whining we'll get if we trim the navbox to only include countries with strategy guides? Perhaps we should do one with two tabs, countries with strategy guides and at least ranked B and then a full list in a collapsed box? The same way wikipedia does for pages which appear in a lot of navboxes. Dauth (talk) 09:43, 10 July 2016 (CEST)
Because a few releasable nations are included in the navbox, for example, Korea, Israel, Lebanon, etc. shouldn't the others be there too? Also, Why should India be included if the British Raj is already there?— Preceding unsigned comment added by AkatsukiEmpire (talk) 23:22, 1 June 2018 (CET)
- I doubt it was built to standard in the original case. To be in the navbox a country article should be at least class B as measured by the moderating team and have a complete strategy guide. If you want to build up a draft which follows those guidelines then I'm willing to be replace this version. Thanks, Dauth (talk) 01:39, 2 June 2018 (CEST)
- Please also sign your talk page edits using ~~~~ Thanks, Dauth (talk) 01:52, 2 June 2018 (CEST)
- I have created several versions of the country navbox in my sandbox. I removed Vichy France and India because they would link to France and British Raj Respectively. I did not know what to do with Spain. I do not think they currently have a separate tag for the civil war but I left them there because they have a separate page on the wiki. Kazakhstan was excluded because it did not have any cores in-game. The only country marked with a B by the moderating team is Colombia so I didn't think a nearly blank navbox would be helpful.AkatsukiEmpire (talk) 08:42, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
- I've had a look. We only care about 1936 start point, otherwise we get a fractured wiki with conflicting information and eventual edit wars. What about separating the navbox by countries with and without a strategy guide? We could even collapse the section for countries without strategy guides. Dauth (talk) 10:34, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
(Unindent) I don't see the need for the releasable nations list in the navbox at all. They can appear on the countries list but until all 1936 nations have strategy guides. I don't want to fracture the wiki with the nations with only appear a fraction of the time. Beyond that I'm willing to unprotect the pages so you can deploy the template if you're happy with what you have. Dauth (talk) 13:56, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
- I'm fine with how it looks. I'll just not include the releasables then. Is there a better name to title the tabs though? AkatsukiEmpire (talk) 21:14, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
- "Countries" and "Countries without strategy guides" ? I've unprotected the template so you should have access. I'll leave it a couple of hours and then re-protect it when you're done. Thanks Dauth (talk) 22:21, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
- Correction, it wasn't protected. Now it is, but you have edit rights. When you're done I'll set it to moderators only. Dauth (talk) 22:23, 3 June 2018 (CEST)
- Done. I accidentally made a page with a typo in its title Template:Country navbox/Countries Strategy Guides
Why are the counties divided between if they have strategy guides or not?
So, this navbox is fairly outdated. Not in the sense of new countries being added, but in the division between countries with strategic guides and ones without. Since the last update to the navbox, a lot of countries have received strategy guides, which is not reflected in the division. Even Panama got a somewhat in-depth guide. I call for an update to this navbox.--RandomGuy45678 (talk) 13:32, 7 March 2021 (UTC)
Update, tabber and continents
Maybe you should remove the division into countries with/and without strategies? This is just an extra click, which must be done in order to find the desired country. It is much easier to have one navbox for all countries. Navigation is not very convenient at this moment.
Second, what about the distribution of countries by geography? There are 7 continents in the game: Europe, Asia, the Middle East, two Americas, Oceania and Africa. Turkey, for example in the Middle East, not Europe. Navigation is not very convenient. 126.96.36.199 14:00, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- It is a community operated wiki. Be the leader you want to see in the community. Dauth (talk) 20:18, 22 July 2021 (UTC)
- There are restrictions placed on editing the country navbox, and I assume being a moderator is required, as autopatrol is not enough to edit it. As such, it's impossible to edit it for the anonymous user that has posted the topic, which is likely why they asked. --RandomGuy45678 (talk) 20:10, 6 August 2021 (UTC)