The Yunnan Clique is a Chinese warlord clique located in the southern west part of China. It borders China to the north of it, British Raj to the west, French Indochina to the south and the Guangxi Clique to the east. The Nation itself isn't very impressive, sporting very little resources and little industry. It is however home to almost 12 million core population and much of the Yunnan region is hilly and mountainous making it an easy region to defend. Along with Shanxi, Xibei San Ma, Guangxi Clique and Sinkiang, it is one of the Chinese warlords.
The Yunnan Clique was one of several mutually hostile cliques or factions that split from the Beiyang Government in the Republic of China's warlord era and is named after the Yunnan region. Long Yun, leader of the Yunnan Clique re-aligned Yunnan under the Nationalist government in Nanjing but stringently guarded the province's autonomy. Long Yun was a critic of Chiang Kai-shek and after the end of the Second Sino-Japanese War, he was removed from office.
The Yunnan Clique has very little of any resources but has access to a tiny amount of Tungsten.
The Yunnan Clique has a barebones industry.
1 Military Factories
0 Naval Dockyard
3 Civilian Factory
- Main article: Warlords national focus tree
The Warlord national focus tree can be divided into 2 branches and 3 sub-branches:
- Secure Internal Politics Branch
- This branch begins the political focuses for the Warlords.
- Cooperation With the Nationalists sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to side with Nationalist China. This will replace the current focus tree with the Chinese national focus tree.
- Cooperation With the Communists sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to side with Communist China and be able to replace and annex them with Soviet Support. When replacing Communist China, The current focus tree will change into the Communist Chinese national focus tree and all Their national spirits will be yours.
- Opposition sub-branch
- This branch allows the Warlords to instigate Border Clashes with the other Chinas, side with the Japanese and then proclaim a rival government different to Nationalist and Communist China
- Industrial Investment Branch
- This is the Industrial branch of the focus tree.
Yunnan begins the game with two research slots.
|Army technology||Naval technology||Air technology||Electronics & Industry|
The nation starts with the following laws:
|Conscription Law||Economy Law||Trade Law|
| Volunteer Only
|| Civilian Economy
|| Export Focus
Despotism is a form of government in which a single person rules with absolute power.
- Cannot impose its ideology on other countries
- Ideology drift defense: −30%
- Civilian intelligence to others: +20%
- Army intelligence to others: +10%
- Navy intelligence to others: +20%
- Airforce intelligence to others: +10%
World Tension limits
- Generate war goal: +50%
- Join faction: +40%
- Lend-lease: +40%
- Send volunteers: +40%
- Guarantee: +40%
Yunnan starts out with three infantry divisions. These divisions contain four battalions each. Yunnan lacks a navy due to the lack of a coastline and it lacks an air force due to the lack of technology.
Strategies and guides