Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Uncover Enemy Secrets in Hearts of Iron IV: La Résistance.
The enemy has installed a puppet government in an allied nation. Brave individuals promise to fight against their occupiers and oppressors. Use your agile espionage skills to support the work of La Résistance.
La Résistance adds secret agents, espionage missions, and new options for resistance movements to Hearts of Iron IV. Send agents into dangerous territory to decipher enemy secrets or prepare the ground for your invasion by propping up collaborators who will be happy for any taste of power.
- New Focus Trees for France: New National Focuses for Free France and the Vichy France Regime, as well as an option for conservatives to restore the old French Monarchy.
- More in Depth Spanish Campaign: New National Focuses for Republican Spain and Nationalist Spain, as well as an expanded Spanish Civil War that can spiral into a wider conflict.
- Portuguese Focuses: Navigate the pressure of the World War, or involve yourself in the Spanish Conflict with the new Focus Tree for Portugal.
- Espionage: Use your Intelligence agency to train spies to specialize in certain types of information warfare and develop passive resistance to enemy espionage, then let them perform Missions and Operations.
- Support Resistance: Use your agents to assist allied resistance movements, giving them what they need to damage the enemy.
- Collaboration Governments: Use your agents to prepare the ground for collaborators to fill the void once you’ve conquered your target.
- Code Cracking: Decrypt enemy communications to gain short term battlefield advantages.
- Recon units: Scout planes can provide useful information on nearby areas while Armored cars help in detecting and suppressing resistance activities.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Video diaries[edit | edit source]
Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Developer diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.9 (Husky)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Back From Summer!||Back from vacation to a new round of DDs||2019-08-21|
|2||France Rework||Rework of French focus tree||2019-08-28|
|3||Resistance and Compliance||Rework of the Occupation system||2019-09-04|
|4||Free France and Vichy||Rework of Free France and Vichy France||2019-09-11|
|5||Policing Garrison Rework||Rework of Resistance Suppression and Garrisons||2019-09-18|
|6||¡Viva España!||Nationalist Spain Focus Tree||2019-09-25|
|7||¡No Pasarán!||Republican Spain Focus Tree||2019-10-02|
|8||Armored Cars - The new horsey boys||New Armored Car Land Unit Type||2019-10-09|
|9||PdxCon & Moving Madness||Talks about moving offices and talks about what there going to talking about in PdxCon||2019-10-16|
|10||Back from PdxCon||Talks about what they talked about at PdxCon and talks about their new offices||2019-10-23|
|11||The Intelligence Agency||New Intelligence Agency||2019-10-30|
|12||Operatives and Missions||New Operatives and Missions they can perform||2019-11-06|
|13||Focus Tree Navigation||Focus Tree Navigation||2019-11-13|
|15||Collaboration, Compliance and Coups||Coup and Collaboration Operations||2019-11-27|
|16||Scout Planes and breaking the Enigma||New Scout Plane Air Unit Type and Additions & Changes to Intel and Cryptology||2019-12-04|
|17||Intel||More changes to Intel||2019-12-11|
|18||Portugal||New Portuguese Focus Tree||2019-12-18|
|19||Bag of Tricks||Quality of Life Changes like Automatic MEFO Bills, Exercise Auto Stop, and Searchable & Zoomable Focus Trees||2020-01-15|
|20||Formables and Releasables||New Formable Nations and Releasable Nations||2020-01-22|
|21||LaR Music and Art||New Art and Music||2020-01-29|
|23||LaR UK AAR||How it Feels to Play in the New Update||2020-02-12|
|24||AI & Feature Updates||Changes to AI and some Features in the Update||2020-02-19|
|25||Modding & 1.9 Patchlog||1.9 Patchlog and New Modding Features||2020-02-21|
- Patch 1.9 post release
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|26||LaR Post Release and Statistics||Statistics on LaR and announcement 1.9.1 beta||2020-03-04|
|27||1.9.1 Beta Patch Update||Updates to Spanish focus trees and the Spanish Civil War||2020-03-11|
|28||1.9.1 Beta Batch Update II||Fire Operatives and Nudger access||2020-03-18|
|29||1.9.1 Beta Batch Update III||Info about patch 1.9.1, peace conferences and tech stealing||2020-03-25|
|30||1.9.1 Beta Batch Update IV||Info about patch 1.9.1, 3D models and accessability||2020-04-01|
|31||1.9.1 Patch & Roadmap update||Full info about patch 1.9.1 and the roadmap for future DLCs and updates||2020-04-08|
|32||1.9.2 Beta + The Future||Beta patch available to test||2020-04-15|
|33||Patch 1.9.2 Husky Live||Patch release and current 'work from home' status||2020-05-06|
|34||4th Anniversary + Patch 1.9.3||HoI4s 4th anniversary: Some cool data, new armor and radio packs as well as patch to celebrate!||2020-06-03|